• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Blue

Blue

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

Patrick Peterson AKA Patrick Johnson is the best CB in college and it's not even close. PJ was a super STUD in High School and is a shutdown corner in college. Kid is a future Pro Bowler. The most athletic CB around.

#32 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

How would you all say he compares to Joe Haden?

#33 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

Haden was the best CB in a weak class. However he is very good. Peterson has that rare ability to be NFL ready from the get go and has a higher ceiling. Haden's leadership and work ethic were great so he might actually be a safer top ten pick but Peterson has the ability to be another Revis and then some.

#34 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

Chris Culliver, South Carolina - projected round 2-4

#35 Blue

Blue

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

How would you all say he compares to Joe Haden?

Patrick has things you can't teach. He has great size he is 6'1" and about 210. He has great speed and unreal athleticism. Patrick has the size to deal with Big NFL receivers and the quickness to stay with smaller ones.

If he has a good combine he is a top 10 pick easily.

#36 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

Janoris Jenkins, Florida - projected round 2-4

Posted Image

Edited by Murph, 03 September 2010 - 08:23 AM.

#37 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'll throw a shout out to UNC's two starting CBs, Kendrick Burney and Charles Brown. As of right now, Burney is considered a 2cd-3rd rounder and Brown a 3rd-4th rounder.

I go to UNC and watch them play and let me tell you ..... NO. Unless they really step up this year I wouldn't draft either of them. Maybe maybe Burney in the late third to fourth round, but I wouldn't even waste a pick on Charles Brown. Both personify being over-zealous and using solely athletiscism to help cover wide-outs. Brown is absolutely awful he gave up so many touchdowns last year. There are even rumors he might not be starting this year. Burney is alright but I'm positive there are plenty of better ones out there than him.

Edit: If we are going to draft a secondary player from UNC Deunte Williams is a much better prospect and player for us. He has big-time playmaking potential and would add great depth to the safety position.

#38 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

Ive always wondered why people were so high on the UNC CB's, Ill admit Ive only seen a couple games, but what I did see was corners getting beat and being overly aggressive and taking themselves out of the play. Ill pass unless theyre udfa, then I believe everyone gets a chance!

#39 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

Time to add another name and I also added some more videos to some of the names above

Javes Lewis, Oregon: Projection mid rounder

#40 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Jimmy Smith, Colorado: projection 2nd - 4th round

Posted Image

Edited by Murph, 17 September 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#41 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,574 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

Ive always wondered why people were so high on the UNC CB's, Ill admit Ive only seen a couple games, but what I did see was corners getting beat and being overly aggressive and taking themselves out of the play. Ill pass unless theyre udfa, then I believe everyone gets a chance!

Burney is solid but nothing special. The star of the secondary and the one that makes those two look so good is Deunta Williams.

#42 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

This guy ranks the top 15. All of them have already been mentioned in this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.