• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

I have never seen so many playoff tickets available for a Panther Game at home. Seems they were much harder to come by the first 2 times. Must have been the Cowboys factor.

#2 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

economic conditions and the fact that it's Arizona.....not putting down the Cards but if a 'hi-profile' team like the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc. were coming here it would be out of control

#3 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

I have never seen so many playoff tickets available for a Panther Game at home. Seems they were much harder to come by the first 2 times. Must have been the Cowboys factor.

It was mostly the Cowboy factor, but also there was no stubhub or ticket exchange and the NC no scalping law was still in affect. People who wanted to go to the game were able to buy tix early for a few dollars over face. What happened this time is scalpers snatched up most of the single game tix, and PSL owners way over priced the market earlier in the week.

That left a lot of people who would have bought tix at face or a few bucks over out in the cold. They already moved on and made other plans so now the tix aren't selling.

The poor economy, less than perfect weather, and opponent are factors, but mostly it was a classic example of hoarding over pricing a market and price gouging that has kept butts out of the seats.

#4 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

The poor economy, less than perfect weather, and opponent are factors, but mostly it was a classic example of hoarding over pricing a market and price gouging that has kept butts out of the seats.

I think the butts will be in the seats. Some of the psl seats on the ticket exchange are people putting a price on them that makes it worth missing out on the experience. They will be there if the tickets don't sell. I considered doing the same thing. If we get the NFC Championship game I will probably list mine at a price that will pay for my season tickets next year and secretly hope they don't sell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.