Photo
- - - - -

Red ring 'o death

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#16 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

For the people who have done this before I am curious do you have to have your original receipt for the xbox in order for them to fix the RROD?

What he said and also, do you have to pay money to get it fixed IF: it has been past one year AND you did not buy insurance?

#17 brian032

brian032

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

What he said and also, do you have to pay money to get it fixed IF: it has been past one year AND you did not buy insurance?

Microsoft extended the manufacture warranty to 3 years so you should be able to get it fixed free of charge. Just register your Xbox at the support page, and if you don't have a receipt the manufacture number on the back of your 360 should determine whether your Xbox is eligible to be fixed or not.

#18 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

I also got my RRoD last week. Had it for a year. Called it into support, sent me free shipping label etc....said they would send a box also. Never got the box so going to go get a box from work to ship it tomorrow. Took bout 3-4 days to get the label.

#19 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

i got rid of my 360 to get a wii. i enjoy it much more. before that though I had my 360 around three years. 2 rings in that time, and it went the same way that others have said. receive the box, ship, receive a different console. 3 weeks go by. they give you a live card good for a month to compensate for the lost time. why can't they just send a new console to begin with and you send them the broken one?

i also tried to get a black one in place of the other the second time. i argued that it couldn't cost any more, and that it would look better with all the other stuff in my entertainment center, and it was the second time i had been inconvenienced. no dice though.

#20 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

[ame][/ame]

#21 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

i got rid of my 360 to get a wii. i enjoy it much more. before that though I had my 360 around three years. 2 rings in that time, and it went the same way that others have said. receive the box, ship, receive a different console. 3 weeks go by. they give you a live card good for a month to compensate for the lost time. why can't they just send a new console to begin with and you send them the broken one?

i also tried to get a black one in place of the other the second time. i argued that it couldn't cost any more, and that it would look better with all the other stuff in my entertainment center, and it was the second time i had been inconvenienced. no dice though.

I'd get a Wii too... if I was 8

#22 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

i've been playing video games since i was around 8, and the wii has to be the funnest console i have ever owned. people rip on its cartooniness, but there is no better console for being interactive. my days of getting phucked up and playing halo online for hours are over.

#23 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Gamecube has superior graphics, but yes, the motion capture is sweet, I just think the Wii is very overpriced, it's more than the 360 now, which is retarded.

#24 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

it is more than the arcade 360 which I am sure you know has no hard drive. who wants a console that has no saving capability?

#25 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

it is more than the arcade 360 which I am sure you know has no hard drive. who wants a console that has no saving capability?

You can get a 20gig and wireless controller from M$ for like 35 bucks so yeah. You can get 360's off Dell or somewhere for like 168.

#26 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

didn't know that.

#27 guigrrl

guigrrl

Who Dat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Well sent it in about 2 weeks ago (ish) and its been fixed an on its way home! Pretty good service if you ask me!

#28 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,672 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Haven't had any problems with my newer one, I think it's the Falcon chipset. KNock on wood. I use it more for streaming than games though.

#29 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

MF'r my 3rd 360 just got the RRoD. It's an Elite and I've had it since June. So far I've had a launch system and 2 Elites go bad. Time to buy another one at Sams, come home switch out the hard drives and then return the busted one.

#30 Kdawg

Kdawg

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

Well sent it in about 2 weeks ago (ish) and its been fixed an on its way home! Pretty good service if you ask me!

Me too, about the same timeline here. Microsoft gets two thumbs up for this one.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com