Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers purge long-time scout Pete Russell

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess the idea here is that if they fired him immediatley after the draft (as is done in most cases) he would have had a wider selection of jobs?

My official response to this is: "BOO-FRIGGIN-HOO".

He's a big boy who I'm sure was treated and compensated very well during his time with the Panthers and if he's so widely respected in league circles he should have another gig in no time.

Florio clearly has an axe to grind with the Panthers... perhaps he's a players union guy (most lawyers love unions because they can use them as a vehicle to bilk money out of corporations and taxpayers) so he sees Jerry Richardson as the bad guy and wants to punish him?

Posted

3479392.jpg

Caption: "NICE RACK!"

Posted

Guys I was kidding. Sheesh.

Posted

Oh really?

Posted

Florio exposed as a fuging idiot again, lolz

Why would it be hard for him to find a job because the draft was recent? If anything it's best to hire him now so he can learn a new teams play style, needs/likes/dislikes/etc, and get to know the rest of the staff early on. Scouting is a year round process. You don't just start the first day of college football season.

Posted

Guys I was kidding. Sheesh.

The intrawebz is srs biz Meat. :willy_nilly:

Posted

I wish Florio would just retire. he always has to add his smart ass 2 cents to everything.

Posted

If you're going to charge age discrimination - as Florio did - wouldn't it be wise to first check and see whether he was the oldest scout the Panthers have?

You know, check the facts, kind of like a journalist does?

If you charged them with age discrimination, and then found out they still had people even older than him, you'd look pretty ignorant.

Posted

I'm just wondering why the scout was released in the first place. I doubt highly about the charge of ageism, as the Panthers aren't dumb enough to even tempt a discrimination case against themselves. I'm betting it was something like a history of recommending the Panthers draft Carruth, Shelton, and Nelson or somesuch.

Posted

Links to articles written by Florio should be a bannable offense.

Clicking those links supports bad journalism.