Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scpanther22

Better Secondary:Panthers or Saints?

Better Secondary   37 members have voted

1. 1. Better Secondary

• Panthers
    • Saints

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

and i keep hearing uncertainty, is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

yea there is, but one thing the Saints have for certain is a legitimate pass rush. we don't(although like I said, potential is there.)

secondary talent doesn't matter when the QB has absolutely zero pressure on him.

poll unnecessary

That's what she said. :(

and i keep hearing uncertainty, is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

There was uncertainty surrounding Sharper before last season. I'm just sayin'.

So I suppose that John Stinchcomb, who also made the Pro Bowl, is better than Jeff Otah because Otah did not make the Pro Bowl. I guess Johnathan Vilma being voted to the Pro Bowl ahead of Jon Beason makes him a better player also.

OK, I don't want to see any more posts saying D-Will is a Pro-Bowler then. :rolleyes:

was this your whole point? gawd, you bring much weak sauce to our forum.

That's what she said. :(

There was uncertainty surrounding Sharper before last season. I'm just sayin'.

i get u man. but hes another year older, and coming off surgery. to me there was no need to worry when he left the Vikings.

Have you seen the Saints run defense? try again

That is not the point, the point is we were struggling against the run, losing a lot and had an anaemic offence, teams did not need to pass against us. I think almost everyone here would agree that at the beginning of last season our secondary was rarely tested.

On the other hand NO were a free scoring offensive juggernaut that could do both run and pass. they put a lot of pressure on teams to score and score quickly, meaning teams HAD to pass on them.

As I stated, I was talking about the situations both teams faced.

If you have issues with Sharper, then you HAVE to have issues with both Godfrey and Martin, beyond them we have NO ONE. NO have their starters (who were very impressive) at CB, their starters at safety AND two first round picks as back up.

Come on now, look at things a little deeper and don't look at the Panthers as the team you defend to the death. Just be objective.

yea there is, but one thing the Saints have for certain is a legitimate pass rush. we don't(although like I said, potential is there.)

secondary talent doesn't matter when the QB has absolutely zero pressure on him.

see I really hate this argument, bc our pass rush BLOWED even w/ Pep. I've said this under so many threads im beginning to sound like a broken record. we were near the bottom of the league in QB sacks. and most of those were coverage sacks.

see I really hate this argument, bc our pass rush BLOWED even w/ Pep. I've said this under so many threads im beginning to sound like a broken record. we were near the bottom of the league in QB sacks. and most of those were coverage sacks.

he still pushed through the line forcing the QB to throw the ball quicker than he'd like.