Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TouchMeNot97

Bobcats in trade talks for Beasley

74 posts in this topic

The Heat and Raptors have expanded discussions of the sign-and-trade sending Chris Bosh to Miami to include two more teams, Charlotte and Houston, two people with knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com Thursday. The trade, which is still exploratory and not close to completion, would send Bosh to Miami, Michael Beasley to Charlotte and Tyson Chandler to Houston, the sources said. Toronto, already settled on taking back the 2011 first-round pick previously traded to the Heat, is trying to extract a player from the Rockets in addition to the trade exception it would get from Miami. "It has legs, but I don't know where it goes," one of the people familiar with the discussions said.

Source: CBSSports.com

This needs to get done. The Bobcats have a chance to add options and make a big upgrade to the team by acquiring Beasley, we can't let this go to waste.

I'm happy that MJ and our team wasn't content on going into the season with no upgrades (Panthers). Regardless of what happens, I know we'll try out best and that DOES count for something. Something that helps us NOW AND in the FUTURE would be nice but even getting us in good shape for the future I'd be OK with.

1 person likes this

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/heat-near-deal-to-move-beasley-sign-that-lebron-to-miami-no-smokescreen.php

At this point in the funhouse of mirrors that are the rumors of LeBron James' next move, reality has been hard to tell from dead ends and distorted reflections. Everything, every reaction looked like it could be the way out.

But this afternoon, one tangible piece of evidence came though -- the Heat are working very hard, and are very close apparently, to trading Michael Beasley.

That is evidence LeBron is headed to South Beach. More than the reports from multiple sources. More than the booked cabanas at the W Hotel in South Beach for a LeBron James party. More than anything.

Miami needs to move Beasley if it wants to give LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all max deal money. And Miami wants to give them max money. The fact they are busting this hard to get it done is a sign.

Ideally, the Heat would like to give Bosh a sign-and-trade max deal -- six years and $127 million. Same thing they can give Wade because they have his Bird-rights. LeBron would have to get by on a regular max deal, somehow.

But they have to move Beasley to make it happen. Apparently Charlotte wants Beasley -- they are in a good position to take a risk on potential, to hope that concerns about his next contract get him to play to his strengths and not coast through games.

Miami had tried to move Beasley for weeks, but the desperation at this time is telling.

The big three can come to Miami even if Beasley is still there, they just have to each do it for $1 million less a year and only five-year deals. But the Heat want their guys happy -- all max guys.

It doesn't mean LeBron to Miami is a sure thing. Nothing is a sure thing in this wildest of free agent periods.

But this is a sign, a real sign. And it points straight to Miami

Sounds like this is serious, we could get him for peanuts.

do ya'll think we want him, or want him for trade bait? We are stacked at PF, we get Beasley and ship him off with someone to upgrade the PG or C position. This seems most logical to me. Id take TT over beasley's "potential."

do ya'll think we want him, or want him for trade bait? We are stacked at PF, we get Beasley and ship him off with someone to upgrade the PG or C position. This seems most logical to me. Id take TT over beasley's "potential."

Overall were better off with Beasely more-so than Chandler.

Trade-bait or Team Material.

Oh Man I hope MJ can pull this off. Getting Beasley would be great. He has the ability to be an All Star if he plays hard. Maybe too much like Derrick Coleman but Charlotte's only way to get a great player is to take a few risks.

I think we want him. Its not like Beasley is all potential, he was miscast as a SF in Miami and still put up good numbers, especially per 36min. I think Larry Brown gets a kick out of coaching the "problem children" of the NBA and with the Nets supposedly interested in Felton and Thomas, I think there's a good chance we end up with Devin Harris. I know everybody loves Tyrus Thomas, but if we get Beasley and can get a legitimate PG for him, then Thomas is out the door.

What part of AL JEFFERSON don't these jackasses understand?

Does Beasley mean they no longer want Tyrus Thomas because Beasley adds NOTHING.

Add MINNESOTA to the trade, and send Beasley to Houston and Jefferson to Charlotte.