Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfect this hypothetical trade

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sources told ESPNDallas.com that the Minnesota Timberwolves have been urging Dallas to part with Dampier's contract -- and draft considerations -- in exchange for Al Jefferson, who has three years left on his contract at $42 million. The Mavericks, sources said, keep telling the Wolves that they won't surrender Dampier's contract in a Jefferson deal because they have it earmarked for a Pau Gasol-type trade, such as the centerpiece of Dallas' longstanding pursuit of New Orleans point guard Chris Paul.

Source: ESPN.com

Btw I am not taking sides in this argument, but I believe the name-calling needs to stop, unfortunatley KT is not here to get things sorted out.

Thanks for the info, man.

There's a slight difference between Chandler's contract and Dampier's. Dampier's contract isn't guaranteed this year, meaning that Minnesota could acquire him, cut him, and only pay a fraction of his salary. Its immediate cap relief. Minnesota is also looking for draft picks in return, and with all the trades we've made I'm not really sure if we still owe some teams picks in the future, which would again complicate matters in acquiring Al Jefferson. If we don't owe anybody draft picks, and Minny would take Chandler and Freedom Fries, then there's no way I wouldn't do that trade, even with Jefferson's injuries and defensive inefficiencies.

The main thing, however, is staying under the luxury tax. Now that we've committed $8MM a year to Tyrus Thomas, I'm not sure that we could acquire Al Jefferson and achieve that.

Posted · Report post

why would we get rid of DJ? we need to focus on getting rid of Chandler, Diop and Diaw

Posted · Report post

I don't see us moving that many pieces to bring in AL and TJ. We damn well better get more than AL and TJ for moving starters DIAW and TC plus a heavy minute backup and FORMER FIRST ROUNDER's IN AA and DJ.

To be fair, Diaw was outplayed by Thomas, Chandler wasn't that good last year and would be replaced by Jefferson, and a first round pick doesn't always equate to quality talent, especially when we're talking about the Bobcats. A heavy minutes and quality back-up at PG would be a must though, considering Ford's injury history.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sure did. You should quit being so stand-offish and you'd get a better response from people. Your "holier-than-thou" additude drives most of the better posters away from your threads and makes you come across as a real jackass. We're all Bobcats fans here, there's no need to be rude to anybody.

You can try to be an internet badass all you want, but its making you look like a fool..

None of that is anything I value.

I will continue to post as I do as long as it is clear that any response is coming from an idiotic position of "I'm not used to hearing that therefore you can't possibly know what you're talking about, because if you did, you'd be saying something I'm used to hearing."

I couldn't care less about posters or "FANS", only your tone and your logic.

If you're focused on the ISSUE instead of the INDIVIDUAL who is responding, then we can have a reasonable conversation.

I couldn't care less about RELATIONSHIP DYNAMICS around here, and I won't throw out a name unless someone feels confident enough to throw out a sarcastic remark to ANYBODY because they think that their "widely held belief" is some kind of gospel that they need to educate us on, simply because it's what they are USED TO seeing and hearing.

As if I don't already know and have dismissed that popular opinion as nonsense to begin with.

Posted · Report post

Btw I am not taking sides in this argument, but I believe the name-calling needs to stop, unfortunatley KT is not here to get things sorted out.

Truth

Posted · Report post

None of that is anything I value.

I will continue to post as I do as long as it is clear that any response is coming from an idiotic position of "I'm not used to hearing that therefore you can't possibly know what you're talking about, because if you did, you'd be saying something I'm used to hearing."

I couldn't care less about posters or "FANS", only your tone and your logic.

If you're focused on the ISSUE instead of the INDIVIDUAL who is responding, then we can have a reasonable conversation.

I couldn't care less about RELATIONSHIP DYNAMICS around here, and I won't throw out a name unless someone feels confident enough to throw out a sarcastic remark to ANYBODY because they think that their "widely held belief" is some kind of gospel that they need to educate us on, simply because it's what they are USED TO seeing and hearing.

As if I don't already know and have dismissed that popular opinion as nonsense to begin with.

The problem is not your opinion, you are entitled to your own opinion and I personally don't a have a problem with it, but the rules state "no personal attacks are tolerated." Calling people idiots and morons are considered personal attacks and because of these insults you are causing others to retaliate. So if you could please tone down the insults we will be fine.

After all, we are all Bobcat fans, except KT who is now a Heat fan.

Posted · Report post

i agree... we cant move AA and henderson in trades eithr... lets move diaw for sure chandler if possible hope diop retires or somethn haha

and DWADE bout to gets some rings 4 of the next 6 championships will be the heat!

Posted · Report post

lol...on the NBA trade machine, i selected my fav team...Hawks...traded Marvin Williams and Mike Bibby to New Orleans for CP3...Trade succesful. if only if only lol