Photo
- - - - -

Diaw about to be traded?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

LAS VEGAS - The Suns are on the verge of acquiring forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress, swiftly rebounding from the loss of Amar'e Stoudemire with two impact players.

The Suns would send seven-year veteran guard Leandro Barbosa and late-season addition Dwayne Jones to Toronto for Turkoglu, a 6-foot-10 forward from Turkey with versatile skills to shoot from long range and be a playmaker. Toronto would then move Jones and its trade exception from the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal to Charlotte for former Suns forward Boris Diaw.

http://www.azcentral...l#ixzz0tRpLPFvI

#2 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

Could we getta background check on Dwayne Jones? Never really heard of him

#3 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:35 AM

Good trade I think. It's mostly a salary dumb. We'll free up like 8 million from what I read and also have a MLE. We may still get a decent PG or something, who knows. Anyway, I'm glad because this means TT is DEFINITE starter as we all wanted.

#4 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

Could we getta background check on Dwayne Jones? Never really heard of him

He has been in the Bobcats camp before.

Basically he is a big man that is only in the NBA because of the shortage of big men.

#5 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:18 AM

There are other reports which also indicate that TC is part of this deal.

#6 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

We are getting another big??? huh?

#7 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

More on this story from Rotoworld:

The Bobcats will reportedly send Boris Diaw to the Raptors in what amounts to a salary dump.
Charlotte gets little-used Dwayne Jones, though details of the trade might reveal further incentive. It's a solid move for Toronto, who on Sunday managed to dump an overpaid and disgruntled player (Turkoglu) for Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw.

#8 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

There is no way that the Bobs aren't looking at getting a PG now. Diaw was the best passer on the team.

#9 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Welcome to rebuilding mode.

#10 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

Welcome to rebuilding mode.

Can't agree. The Bobs are trying to upgrade the team. If they were rebuilding, they would be trying to trade for expiring contracts not trading away expiring contracts.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,295 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Back up PF behind TNT

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,295 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

According to ESPN this trade is done.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5372405

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,295 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Ok I have a new theory

First I want to update people on Dwayne Jones the power forward we acquired from Toronto through Phoenix.

Dwayne Jones Carrer Stats
1.3 points per game
0.1 assists per game
2.3 rebounds per game
0.4 blocks per game
0.1 steals per game

Dwayne Jones Season Best's
Points- 5
Assists- 0
Rebounds- 4
Blocks- 0
Steals- 0

Note: (All of these were actually in the same game)

Updated Depth Chart

Center
1. Tyson Chandler
2. Nazr Mohammed
3. DeSagana Diop
4. Alexis Ajinca

Power Forward
1. Tyrus Thomas
2. Dwayne Jones

Small Forward
1. Gerald Wallace
2. Derrick Brown
3. Dominic McGuire

Shooting Guard
1. Stephen Jackson
2. Gerald Henderson

Point Guard
1. D.J. Augustin

Now the roster looks like it has been getting worse but in reality we finally have enough money to pursue a free agent point guard. (Approximately $8,951,441 dollars)

Now with this much money we can finally make a splash. Which is why I think Luke Ridnour may be the next Charlotte Bobcat.

#14 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hey man, if you'd use per 36min stats, it'd give us a much clearer picture of what the little-used players offer.

If the trade(s) is/are done, then I love it. It doesn't really matter who we get in return, because we've freed up salary to make some moves. The MJ era is getting off to a pretty nice start from my point-of-view.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,295 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Hey man, if you'd use per 36min stats, it'd give us a much clearer picture of what the little-used players offer.

If the trade(s) is/are done, then I love it. It doesn't really matter who we get in return, because we've freed up salary to make some moves. The MJ era is getting off to a pretty nice start from my point-of-view.

Alright my bad, I will do that next time. I actually really like this guy now looking back on some of his seasons.

He has played five seasons in one in Boston, two in Cleveland, one in Charlotte (about to be two), and one in Phoenix.

He is a "GREAT" rebounder, and also a very good defensive player.

05-06 Season (Boston)
In two games in 05-06 he played 30 minutes one game and 28 minutes the other. He recored 23 rebounds in these two games. In that year he recorded 31 rebounds in 87 minutes of play. He also added 14 points, 2 assists, 3 blocks, and 1 steal.

06-07 Season (Cleveland)
Dwayne Jones's first year in Cleveland was a rough one because he did not play very often, but when he played he did pretty good. In 18 minutes of play during the entire season he recorded 3 points and 6 rebounds.

07-08 Season (Cleveland)
The 07-08 season was no doubt the best season of Dwayne Jones's career and he did very well. He recorded 10 rebounds or more 5 times that season in 472 minutes of play. In the regular season Jones racked up 78 points, 10 assists, 140 rebounds, 25 blocks, and 10 steals. In the playoffs he recorded 3 points, 6 rebounds, and 1 block in 20 minutes of play.

08-09 Season (Charlotte)
Dwayne Jones only saw the court a few time but when he did he grabbed himself some more rebounds. In 52 minutes of play he piled up 12 points, 12 rebounds, and 1 block.

09-10 Season (Phoenix)
Dwayne Jones only saw the court for 17 minutes in the entire season (including the playoffs). Nonetheless he picked up 7 rebounds and 5 points.

There is no doubt that Larry Brown brought Brown back to give the Bobcat's some wiggle room, but I also think he brought him back because he is a capable rebounder and defender. In 626 minutes of play Jones has recorded 191 rebounds, 107 points, 29 blocks, 12 assists, and 11 steals. That is not bad for a limited role player.

Welcome Back Dwayne Jones

Posted Image