#16 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

What about "loyalty" to G-Force and all he's done here? You guys are OK with getting rid of him if it makes us better?

#17 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,886 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

*** loyalty...Im not John Fox.

#18 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

I laugh at anybody trusting what Bleacher Report says. That very well could be some twelve-year-old writing that. Do not, I repeat, do NOT believe things that are written on Bleacher Report. Its not any different than you or I writing a long post on here.

#19 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

*** loyalty...Im not John Fox.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel you.

#20 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

What about "loyalty" to G-Force and all he's done here? You guys are OK with getting rid of him if it makes us better?

Yes, because most of the trades that people brought up involving Crash were absolute poo.

If trading Crash can get us a Paul, Melo, etc. I'm all for it.

#21 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Why wouldn't we be? Why settle for mediocrity when we can have a better team? I'd love for Crash to be a key piece to that better team, but if he's not then oh well.

#22 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

I note your sarcasm.

I think it would be a poor financial decision to part with G-Force. He has a fantastic contract and he is by far the fan favorite in Charlotte. CP3 is a great PG, but he does have problems staying healthy and I am luke-warm to any proposal giving up G-Force. Plus I think G-Force could take another step forward if he had a point guard like CP3 passing him the ball. With that said, G-Force probably has 3 or 4 more years of good basketball left before injuries and age catch up with him.

I also think it sends the wrong signal to FAs about signing with Charlotte if they are willing to part with the franchise's most decorated player. But on the other hand, it is not like FAs want to sign in Charlotte anyways.

All in all, it sucks that we would have to give up G-force to get CP3 when we could have had CP3 in the 2005 draft. This team has to get better at drafting or else they will continue to jettison player after player while trading away good assets for bad contracts.

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,684 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

Damn right I would be OK with it.

#24 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

You talk like he has had an injury plagued career(BTW we all love crash but he has been worse with injuries than CP3) but he has played more than 75 games 3/5 seasons, he played 64 in 06-07(which still isnt a huge amount of games missed) and he played 45 this past year.

#25 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,684 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

I don't trust Paul's knees.

#26 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

If we trade Wallace we are giving up 18pts and 10reb per game. Plus he is our only all-star. CP3 will make up for the points and would almost certainly be an all-star. Only question now is if we get CP3 who is going to replace G-Force at the SF?

Also I am not for trading Wallace He made nba 1st team defense :D

#27 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Wallace has just the same amount of injury concerns as Paul unfortunately. All of those falls on the ground are going to catch up with him. I love watching him play and would be bummed about losing him. But I'm with another poster, if we do make this trade, I'd like some reassurance that CP3 wants to be here by a new contract or something. If he doesn't even want to stick around here, it isn't worth losing Wallace.

#28 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

Im not knocking crash at all but lets be honest, do you really think he will be pulling down 10 boards a game this year if a real rebounder(TT) is starting with him. All he had to compete against was diaw and our scrub center rotation. And yes crash is a great defender but so is chris paul(one of the best defensive point guards in the league imo) so that will essentially be like for like. I would love to keep gerald, but i dont necessarily think its a bad idea to cash in on him now(if they ever plan on trading him) after his best season seeing as he more than likely wont put up those stats again. Its also said that we will more than likely take Okafor back, while i dont like his contract at all, he still is a double double machine that can be counted on for a dozen or so points a not and plays good defense.

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

okay so former Nola's former GM Bower said he'd never trade CP3

noticed i said FORMER

maybe thatll be a factor?

also Dallas offered Dampier, first round pick, and Beubois (sp) for CP3 and that was considered the "kitchen sink"

i think after looking at these two things:
1) theres gonna be a new GM in Nola who might want to move CP3
2) our "kitchen sink" is better than Dallas'

THIEF, I posted that last night :dita: haha

I actually believe James and Ourdaywillcome because of the particular article I posted below.

It’s true. The Mavs called the Hornets on Tuesday morning. They offered Erick Dampier’s expiring contract for Chris Paul. Dallas was also willing to include “the kitchen sink’’ – which you can read as everything including Roddy Beaubois and multiple No. 1 picks and cash. The Hornets said “no’’ one final time to the $13 mil of relief Erick Dampier’s expiring contract provides … and Dallas pulled that plug, turning back to its simultaneous talks with Minnesota for Al Jefferson and its talks with Charlotte for Tyson Chandler … pushed one more time for the Wolves to take DUST but not take picks … and then created DUST-for-Chandler.

Source: dallasbasketball.com

Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Hornets, Trade, Chris Paul | share
Folks, I’m almost reluctant to put this into a headline again … I know it tortures you so. … but it’s true: On Tuesday, with the Chandler proposal on the table (having been judged by the Mavs as being superior to the variety of Jefferson proposal), Mavs officials contacted Hornets officials. One last time. New Orleans maintained its summer-long stance on Paul. The Hornets will simply not seriously entertain offers for their superstar point guard. The Mavs tried to convince and cajole and tempt. There is some logic that says a Hornets franchise with some financial issues that is seemingly going nowhere while CP3 makes noises about wanting to bolt should listen. New Orleans did not listen.

Source: dallasbasketball.com

You see, we acquired Dampier after the Hornets rejected the Dallas Mavericks pitch to acquire Chris Paul. The article say's the Mavs offered the kitchen sink, unfortuneatley their kitchen sink is no where near ours'. They offered Dampier, Beoabois, and a 1st round pick. Where as we (Bobcats) have an abundance of depth but only three quality starters in Jackson, Wallace, and Thomas. Everyone except those three could be traded which is why I see the Charlotte as a potential landing spot for CP3.

#30 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

Chris Paul on the Bobcats minus Gerald Wallace = the Bobcats will SUCK, period.

What do you think Chris Paul is, a miracle worker?

Stephen Jackson STILL has an unreliable shot, but then you have no one to get the hustle points and rebounds that you need, and NO, Tyrus Thomas is not Gerald Wallace.

The objective is to BUILD a team, not destroy one.

Gerald Wallace is the FULCRUM, he's the pivot. A point guard is not that person, an All-Star glue guy SMALL FORWARD is the guy that balances out the line up, with the guards on one side of him and the inside guys on the other.

If you're going to get rid of anyone, it should be Stephen Jackson. You can more easily replace what he does, and you can replace what he does with Chris Paul who can provide the scoring at one of the guard positions, even if the Shooting Guard is not as good as Jackson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users