8 replies to this topic

#1 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Could it beat out the Blair witch project 2???

#2 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

Movie fail.

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,463 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Didn't see the first one...

#4 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

The first one was stupid and pretty boring. I kept waiting for something to happen and I didn't understand what people found scary. Maybe I'm just not scared by closing doors and moving bedsheets.

#5 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

I saw the first one and enjoyed it. I'm not the type to scream at everything just because its put out there as a "horror" movie. I for one just wanted to see how it was produced and how into I could get. I wasn't disappointed. I have a thing where, in almost every movie, I think of myself a little. How would I react to that? What would I do? What would I be expecting. That's what got me. Obviously, the quick stuff got to me. But it exceeded the expectations I had before going into the theater.

I will probably see the second based on the fact that I like the first. I just pray they don't try and go overboard here. I don't want to end up hating the first and second one because the second one blows that hard.

#6 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Yeah I dug the first one as well. Its one of those movies though that if you didn't see it in a theater or on some pretty high end home theater equipment it lost a lot of its tension. Not a movie to watch in an environment full of distractions.

Ill see this because I dig good tense movies and the first one was all of that. But this has got very little room for error and could go right on top of the poo heap if they are not careful.

#7 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

If anybody is interested, I just went to IMDB...the cast for the sequel...is well, interesting, to say the least. I wonder how they're going to work this movie based on the cast listing and the trailer. But it does seem like the sequel is going to sort of pick up where the 1st left off (at least, after the messages that were at the end that left you saying wtf?)

#8 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

I really enjoyed the first one. It was slow-moving, so if you're the type that likes your horror with a cheap scare every five seconds, it's not your kind of movie.

That being said, I'm not excited for the sequel. The Blair Witch sequel was absolutely horrible.

It's ironic because both Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch were made with very little funds. After bringing in tons of money, however, the producers decided to try to capitalize by creating sequels that were far lesser movies (I'm just assuming that will be the case with Paranormal Activity; I could be wrong).

#9 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

Maybe the demon will throw the dog or the baby... I'd pay to see that in the theater...

On the real though, I was unimpressed by the first one (saw it in the theater and bought it when it came out (wifey liked it)), so I will probably be unimpressed with this one... I'll give it a chance though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.