Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Close to Signing Terrell Owens????

169 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would yall run out and buy a TO Panther jersey?

definitely not

..but i don't buy them anymore anyway. Only the most fanatical of fans buy one year contract jerseys and mostly only because they are a serious fanatic of the individual prior.

Why do you ask?

Posted · Report post

Sign him. he's not a good enough play maker anymore to be talkin trash anyway. so his ego is not what it once was.

Posted · Report post

I would like to see DJ as a #2, to finally see if he's capable. You sign TO we may as well just cut DJ right there.

Posted · Report post

I say sign TO and trade Jarrett away for a 1st rd pick next year :lol:

Posted · Report post

Smitty said he doesn't want to be the #1 receiver anymore. He wants a compliment that can take some of the pressure off him and those double and triple coverages. Although I still think Smitty is the better receiver than TO, defenses will probably focus more on TO just b/c of his name. Imagine Smitty against single coverage?? The thought is provoking.

Posted · Report post

did u even read the article....it says nothing concrete about him coming to carolina...Rosenhaus (whatever the *** his name is) definately asked beason to retract his statement because owens is trying to get away from that stigma that he is a bad teammate then you have a probowl player come out and say he doesnt want him on his team...it just looks bad

Posted · Report post

it could be good, or really bad. bad if he becomes a distraction like he was in Dallas...good if he and Smitty can get along and help teach/progress LaFell and Edwards.

Posted · Report post

After reading the article, I can tell this is ridiculous speculation. The writer had nothing to go on besides Beason's apology.

I thought the organization made a point by drafting many WRs... I don't see them signing T.O. to a one year.

But the front office is becoming a little more open minded to making moves like this. I hope not.

Posted · Report post

so I guess credible sources no longer exist...

Posted · Report post

so I guess credible sources no longer exist...

Is it your own credible source?

Posted · Report post

The ONLY way I could see this happening is IF Smitty were to go down for a significant period of time and Foxxy does not have faith in the Wide Receiver core that we have.

Posted · Report post

i think he would be a great addition to the offense. the only thing i am worried about is that our QBs dont have enough experience to know how to deal with a selfish receiver.

it would be awesome if we could sign him with a clause that says if he causes any trouble in the locker-room whatsoever, that he gets automatically cut, with no pay gaunteed. of course he wouldnt sign something like that though