• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

The Charlotte media is openly rooting for Jimmy Clausen to fail. I don't know whether this is an anti-Notre Dame thing or what, but I'm sick of it. If Jimmy Clausen can play he should be the opening day starter. I don't care how nice a guy Matt Moore is.

#2 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

I think your overreacting.. No one wants Jimmy to fail, and there is nothing wrong with wanting Matt Moore to succeed.

#3 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

..speakn of fail

boo

#4 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

ha

#5 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

LOL I was just at training camp. Trust me clausen isn't starting anytime soon.

#6 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

"Hyperbole much?"

/overused huddle statement

#7 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

huh?

#8 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

I would rather have Clausen hold a clipboard for 2 years.

#9 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

The Charlotte media is openly rooting for Jimmy Clausen to fail. I don't know whether this is an anti-Notre Dame thing or what, but I'm sick of it. If Jimmy Clausen can play he should be the opening day starter. I don't care how nice a guy Matt Moore is.

Would this be the same Clausen that on things like NFLN, ESPN etal have said the guy is nothing more than the 3rd QB on this roster?

Cut the BS, the guy isn't ready and odds are will never be anything but a backup in this league.

#10 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

Rookie QBs start when there is no other option. Matt Moore has won NFL games. Matt Moore is 6-2 as a starter and has looked well in the Carolina offense.

The Charlotte media is just applying standard logic that this season has Moore's name written all over it. The Aaron Rogers path is ultiamtely the one I want our future QB to take if that man is not Moore.

#11 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

How can Clausen fail when he won't play a snap this year unless Moore and Cantwell get injured and at that point we'd have Vinny Testeverde back on the team.

#12 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Would this be the same Clausen that on things like NFLN, ESPN etal have said the guy is nothing more than the 3rd QB on this roster?

Cut the BS, the guy isn't ready and odds are will never be anything but a backup in this league.

The same NFLN and ESPN that also talk about Clausen competing for a starting job toward the end of this season or as late as the beginning of next year? I haven't read anything either where anybody thinks Clausen will not be at least the second option at QB by seasons end. Hate much?

#13 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

How can Clausen fail when he won't play a snap this year unless Moore and Cantwell get injured and at that point we'd have Vinny Testeverde back on the team.

Or the Panthers get off to a bad start and the playoffs look out of reach, do you think they will not throw Clausen in there to get him some real reps?

Moore gets injured and is going to miss more then two to three weeks, do you think they will not go with Clausen? I understand if he has to miss a quarter or just a game or two they go with Cantwell. But, not for anything other than short term.

Panthers lock down a playoff spot and the offensive line continues to look bad, do you think for the last two or three games that the Panthers don't give Clausen some time in there as well as Cantwell?

Chances this season that Clausen gets some playing time is far better than the chance he gets none at all.

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Charlotte media wants to sell newspapers and ad spots. Clausens productivity does not matter. You sir, are mistaken and drinking some serious ND Kool-Aid.

Love the Avatar though...

#15 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Was Tom Sorenson at training camp doing a little gay dance and fist pumping every time Jimmy sailed a pass or fumbled a snap? Just curious what the "openly rooting" actually means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.