Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody clear this up...

14 posts in this topic

Posted

A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

- Wikipedia

So why didn't the Chiefs receive that for Jared Allen?

Posted

If I'm not mistaken the two franchises can negotiate the trade. The Chiefs opted for a first round pick, and 2 third round picks.

Posted

you are not mistaken

Posted

Peppers >>>>>>>> Jared Allen, and that's why he will remain a Panther...

Posted

Peppers >>>>>>>> Jared Allen, and that's why he will remain a Panther...

I don't think the OP was saying we should go out and get Jared Allen, but rather used him as an example.....

Posted

so if we franchise him we have to pay him 120% of 17 million dollars???

I sure hope somebody would trade for him if that happened

Posted

I don't think the OP was saying we should go out and get Jared Allen, but rather used him as an example.....

Aye.. I didn't take it that way.. I was just saying that it's a moot point what we could get for Pep, because he isn't going anywhere...

Posted

Aye.. I didn't take it that way.. I was just saying that it's a moot point what we could get for Pep, because he isn't going anywhere...

Him signing a deal would really lift some spirits around here.

Him AND Gross signing deals would actually make the sun rise up.:redface:

Posted

I think they'll both get done weeks before FA..

EDIT and if not, at least one will and the other will get the tag until they can work out a deal, and then we'll rescind the tag..

Posted

Him signing a deal would really lift some spirits around here.

Him AND Gross signing deals would actually make the sun rise up.:redface:

Having Pep here and having him in a scheme where his abilities were fully capitalized on would leave me a permanent poo eatin' grin.

Posted

Having Pep here and having him in a scheme where his abilities were fully capitalized on would leave me a permanent sh*t eatin' grin.

Yeah its not gonna make a difference if we keep Peppers and make absolutely no changes to the coaching staff...

Posted

I miss the days of Peppers going out wide in goalline situations. it never really worked, but it always made me grin. Irrelevant to the point, but allow me some wistful memories hahaha