• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

deserves his own thread after last nights performance. Nothing against Matt Moore and I know its early but so far this kid looked very impressive with his pocket presence and decision making. I know I am probably in the minority and its highly unlikely Fox would do it but if clausen continues to show improvement I'd like to see him starting sooner than later.

#2 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Go watch some of his Notre Dame vids on YouTube. They almost all look a lot like his performance last night.

I'm impressed so far.

I just feel sorry for Matt Moore, because if this kid plays like this all preseason, all it will take is a couple losses and people are going to be chanting "Start Clausen", even if it isn't Moore's fault.

#3 marcopolo

marcopolo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

dejavu eh?

'jake gives us the best chance to win games'

#4 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Id have to say, what I saw of him at training camp wasnt that good. He impressed me with his poise last night and his delivery. I doubt he is taking Moore's job this year, but I am very happy with how he is handling himself.

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Yep, good prospect for the future. Good draft pick so far.

#6 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

Im just really impressed with his attitude..the huge knock on him was just that, attitude. Ever since he has come here he threw that attitude out the door and gave it to panthro.

#7 RoachKiller

RoachKiller

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Im a Clausen fan but simmer down a bit. The guy clearly has the talent and tools to succeed but next game he could go 4-15 for 20 yards, hes still getting his feet wet.

#8 The Don

The Don

Smoke weed!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, I'm with RoachKiller... even though last night I was bustin' out the cheesiest smile when he threw that 25 yarder to Kenny Moore, and I was all but one step away from jumping on the Clausen bandwagon, I'm just not sold on him yet. Hell, it took me two seasons to be sold on Matt Moore. But it was easier to be sold on Moore when you've got #17 under center. I like his pocket awareness the most.. or at least that's what I noticed the most last night. He only held on to the ball too long on one play (I think it was on his first drive.) But anyway, he's got great upside and I think the Panthers FO made another great pick regardless of injury or attitude reports, much like the J-Stew pick a few years ago when he had that turf toe injury coming out of college.

Also, I'd like to add that I believe he'll be the starter in 2011. And Matt Moore will be traded... which is how I think we'll get our future #1 receiver. Just thought I'd add that in there.

#9 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Guys - welcome to Clausen's bad rap at ND. He played on a bad team and lost a ton of games, and idiots who only read headlines brushed this kid off. Last night his stats didn't look great but he is getting unanimous praise because in the NFL its all about if you can play and not about the The Golden Calf of Bristol like popularity contests of college.

#10 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Im a Clausen fan but simmer down a bit. The guy clearly has the talent and tools to succeed but next game he could go 4-15 for 20 yards, hes still getting his feet wet.

Oh, I agree. He's as green it gets. And since he isn't going to start, who's to say being away from the game for a year will help him or hurt him (provided Matt doesn't get hurt). Actually it could be 2 years if we have a lockout.

But for him to come out and play like he did was impressive for someone who's never snapped a ball in the NFL. As Zod said... he's a promising draft pick.

I really would love to see how he plays with smitty starting.

#11 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

Ofcourse we aren't all sold on him, well not me. We just felt good to at least see him not look completely horrible last night. I will reserve any judgments on this team until after week 1 of the regular season. It is just nice to see a QB on our team look better than shiit.

#12 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

I heard they went ahead and ordered a statue.

#13 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

Looked like a pro. Did well under pressure, checked down his recievers and made accurate throws. Heck the kid even showed he has some wheels. Not too bad for his first NFL appearance.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,044 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

If we end up trading Matt Moore or letting him go so that Clausen can start, Moore will probably end up leading some other team to the Superbowl, similar to Brees and Rivers. :)

#15 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

If we end up trading Matt Moore or letting him go so that Clausen can start, Moore will probably end up leading some other team to the Superbowl, similar to Brees and Rivers. :)

LOL... no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com