• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyPanther

PhillyPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

Both ints were simply great plays - yes they werent the best passes ever but geez - I think 9 times out of 10 both passes are not picked. Have to give props to those crazy good Bucs defenders. Just happy the damage was limited and we won !!! Jake did enough and played solid in my mind.

#17 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

^^^yea didn't like jakes performance,steve young said it best if you watched mnf post game.if we are to be considered a contender we have to tweak this passing game.

great win though,i hope jake improves

#18 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

when he throws it in a tight spot right to a guy its luck? idk, but a nfl qb has to be able to make those throws at times. not college where its wide open. 2 throws all nite that were really bad (and 1 way off to smitty deap). both ints should not have been thrown, but gota give it to both tampa players, esp on the 2nd one it was damn impressive. that said, jake on quick throws and deap outs was 100% fine. best game other than 3 plays.

#19 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

dude honestly you could argue the INTs weren't his fault. the first one was a really tight but smith should've caught it. i dont think he realized the CB was so close to him.

the second one should've been a catch, but it bounced off (king's?) hands.

I'll have to go back and look at it but I'm pretty god damn sure that at least one of those INT's were on Delhomme. He threw waaaay behind.

#20 Diogi

Diogi

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

first interception was Rosario not Smith. With Smith it would probably have been a completion. Receivers are taught to come back to the ball when the quarterback is moving...Rosario was falling back...he obviously didn't know barber was coming up.

#21 outlaw4

outlaw4

Winning Cures Everything

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

For a moment, I thought he was heading for a Raiders-like performance. Then he picked his game up and threw a TD pass.

All you folks should know by now what to expect from Delhomme. That's why we don't ask him to carry the team on his back every game and today was a good example.

#22 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

Jake makes plays hands down! If we NEEDED a new QB we would be like last year. Jake does his job, 14-20 1TD 2INT, he comes through in clutch situations. And dont gimme that bs that Smith is only reason jake is good. Jake is the one throwin, and it takes two to tango.

#23 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'll have to go back and look at it but I'm pretty god damn sure that at least one of those INT's were on Delhomme. He threw waaaay behind.

2nd one. jaws said miscommunication, but still not a good throw mostly as it was a happy feet throw. after 3 sec its like he thinks it gota go and got the happy feet.

#24 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

dude honestly you could argue the INTs weren't his fault. the first one was a really tight but smith should've caught it. i dont think he realized the CB was so close to him.

the second one should've been a catch, but it bounced off (king's?) hands.

the first one was thrown to Dante.

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,764 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

No people use their eyes. Jake had some good throws but he got lucky a couple times. Couple of those passes that our receivers caught could have eaily been ints. Plus he doesnt read the field good. He completely missed Smitty being wide open.

dumbass, half the passes thrown in the NFL would be interceptions if the defender was just a hair closer. it's the guys who can make the throw despite that who win the games, and delhomme does that. 'could have been intercepted' is a worthless stat unless you're deciding who to cut on defense.

#26 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

we're not always gonna have 300 yards on the ground to bail us out. Jake, i love ya man, but WTF! maybe your accuracy is suffering because of the TJ surgery? gotta right this ship before the playoffs man.

#27 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

1 int was not close to the reciever (stewie), the other dante wounda had if barber doesnt make a good play and undercut the throw last sec. 1 other bad throw all night (the deap bomb that wasnt close). other than that he had 2 drops from hoover and 1 from king early, and atleast 2 batted balls at the line.

#28 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

i wonder if jake practices his accuracy,we might need him later on so i hope he gets it together

#29 panthersin08

panthersin08

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

Lots of people must have blocked last year out of their memory pretty quickly.

#30 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

dumbass, half the passes thrown in the NFL would be interceptions if the defender was just a hair closer. it's the guys who can make the throw despite that who win the games, and delhomme does that. 'could have been intercepted' is a worthless stat unless you're deciding who to cut on defense.

Most QB's kow better thsan to throw where there are 3 defenders right near their player.

Also I am not a dumbass I am the resident Jake hater.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.