Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smith: "Trying to get chump-proof"

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

While there may not be a player who hates training camp more than Panthers WR Steve Smith, he was in a good enough mood talking to reporters after being activated from the physically unable to perform list.

His twice-broken left arm has healed sufficiently that he's catching passes from quarterbacks, as he did in the morning session.

Smith was full of one-liners Monday afternoon, shrugging and saying "I don't really care," about playing in the preseason, though it's obvious he'd prefer to skip the exhibitions.

He also joked that "there ain't much bone left in this thing," saying he still had three plates and 15-20 screws.

He said he hopes opposing players don't target his arm, but added "every so often you come up on a chump."

Asked if he was planning to wear any protective gear, he grinned and said he was "trying to get chump-proof."

We'll have more on Smith's return later.

— Darin Gantt

More...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In other words when we play the Saints he is going to have to protect his arm because they will purposely try to injure him using sneaky illegal techniques.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In other words when we play the Saints he is going to have to protect his arm because they will purposely try to injure him using sneaky illegal techniques.

exactly.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's going to be my word of the week, fair warning.

"Im sorry is there a problem with your email today? Yeah its probably all that chump spam? Allow me to de-chumpify it for you"

"But Mr Fingers, is there anyway to make this chump proof?"

"No, only 89 can be chump proof"

Posted · Report post

Hope he doesn't go into the season worrying about injury...usually when players start doing that you see a steep decline in their play.

Posted · Report post

Hope he doesn't go into the season worrying about injury...usually when players start doing that you see a steep decline in their play.

Smith doesn't strike me as that type at all.

Posted · Report post

Smith doesn't strike me as that type at all.

Me either, I'm just reading to much into his comments, I hope!

Posted · Report post

You mean like this?

Posted · Report post

You mean like this?

">

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Greg Williams is a dirty b**ch

Posted · Report post

I pray every night that he explodes on the Giants defense and reminds them who the REAL Steve Smith is...

I feel anger thinking of the Giants...

Posted · Report post

They should have just removed all the bone from his arm and replaced it with titanium. Then we can say we have a legitament pass catching machine.

4 people like this