Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox # 1 NFL Coach On Hotseat?

102 posts in this topic

Posted

sonofa

Posted

jeff-davidson-and-silent-bob.jpg

Posted

Meeks is not a candidate.

Davidson is.

why would Davidson be a candidate? It is normally coordinators who excell who get looks. Davidson isn't regarded as one of the better ones

Posted

Hasn't he developed one of the best rushing offenses in the league year after year even with a severely limited passing attack and qb?

Posted

don't really want to argue about it but he's always been competitive, has built something, and a new coach would just be starting all over again. players in place sure, but you think we're gonna go with someone who is just like fox, and will keep all assistants and schemes in place? losing fox will most likely be a step back, and don't expect miracle seasons like gruden got with the bucs, or tomlin with the steelers.

If a miracle can happen in New Orleans it can happen here especially since we have the talent. whoever gets this team will effectively be getting a corvette with a flat tire, fix it and lets roll even if it takes a year or 2. Fox has always done less with more and thats indicative of his record. I dont miss 'the DE formerly with the Panthers' and I wont miss Fox.

Posted

I think Fox is gone after this season win or lose.He will get a good job.

I am more worried at the fact that everyone else is under 1 year deals..Fox could leave and take the entire coaching staff with him.lol

Posted

Hasn't he developed one of the best rushing offenses in the league year after year even with a severely limited passing attack and qb?

I didn't realize he was just our running offensive coordinator. ;)

If you're going to make the argument that Jake handicapped what he could do, then you have to credit Williams and Stewart with doing the opposite.

I think Davidson has certainly contributed to our success on the ground, but I want to see what he can do through the air before I even entertain the idea of Davidson as head coach.

I think most of our success in recent years, especially on the ground, has been a result of our players' ability rather than scheme or coaching.

1 person likes this

Posted

FWIW: There was some discussion that Davidson doesn't have free rein to run his offense. I wonder if there is any truth to that and what it would look like if he could really do his own thing??

Posted

I think most of our success in recent years, especially on the ground, has been a result of our players' ability rather than scheme or coaching.

So it was Hurney

Posted

FWIW: There was some discussion that Davidson doesn't have free run to run his offense. I wonder if there is any truth to that and what it would look like if he could really do his own thing??

Could be.

For what it's worth, I do think it's a bit telling that no coordinator under Fox save for I think Del Rio has received a significant promotion (and he was here for just a year). I guess the case could be made for McCoy as Denver's offensive coordinator.

There is no John Fox coaching tree. I think we develop coaches about as well as we do wide receivers.

Posted

FWIW: There was some discussion that Davidson doesn't have free rein to run his offense. I wonder if there is any truth to that and what it would look like if he could really do his own thing??

Didnt Meat say nothing happens unless ok'd by foxy. Has the playbook changed that much since Davidson came to Carolina?

Posted

Fox intervened and took over meetings from Meeks. Never has happened for Davidson. Not hard to see who may be the HC candidate