• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Analysis: Preseason Game 3

Brown's strength increase is evident, on that sack he bull rushed Roos and shoved him back a few feet to get separation.

Your right they did not account for this effective pass rush.

This was a picture of Roos afterward. kangaroo-2.jpg

The fact people have to bash LaFell to make Jarrett look better shows you that he sucks. Jarrett has had 3 seasons and LaFell has had 3 games.

I never said anything to effect that Jarrett doesn't suck. I'm saying the TD pass wasn't his fault, anybody that thinks it's Jarrett's fault is just mindlessly assuming it's his fault. I've hated watching his horrible play but I'm not going to be unfair about my opinions on him.

Your right they did not account for this effective pass rush.

This was a picture of Roos afterward.

Clever Ruse, my friend. ;)

I think Trent Guy is going to make the roster. We haven't seen him all pre season and the only indication we had that he might be good was when Steve Smith gave that interview, and what do you know he plays great last night. I think we may keep 6 WRs this year.

On the Titans TD who was the DB that got beat?

Pretty sure it was Marcus Hudson, but not sure if there was supposed to be over the top help that never showed up either.... blah, blah, blah.

Pretty sure it was Marcus Hudson, but not sure if there was supposed to be over the top help that never showed up either.... blah, blah, blah.

They looked like they were playing man coverage as if I remember correctly everyone was covering someone at the time. Was it a blitz play?

Baker is a huge difference maker--He and Meeks are the best coaches on the team. Look at Landri--he was getting penetration, causing Tenn to bounce outside. With our defensive speed, that was a mistake. Landri, a practice teamer cut by Jax, started.

Look at the veterans and you see the renewed enthusiasm on D, something I noticed during OTAs. Hardy steals the show in game 1. Brown then steps up in game 2. Johnson, not to be outdone, plays like a pro bowler in game 3. However, they are not taking turns--Brown and Hardy brought it last night, each getting a sack.

Connor is playing well.

Witherspoon needs to become the punt returner and #4 CB. RJ Stanford should be the #5 cornerback and special teamer.

Goodson should have been the KR all along, but was injured. It is coming together. Jamal Williams was back, and when he gets into game shape...

Good thread, and right on the money. I want Jarrett gone. He is wasting space. He only catches the quick slant hot routes. He is 6'4"--where is the fade near the goal line? Sure, Moore overthrew him for an easy 6, but that was because he did not adjust to the 4.7 speed. Let Gettis and Lafell hold it down. Edwards will be inactive, and Moore/Wright can play the third WR.

The guy I saw chasing him in the spot was Witherspoon, but you can't always go by that.

While I watch the Panthers religiously, I cannot say that I fully understand the game, so bear with me . . . we have three TEs that can catch and block, so why do we not line one of them up as the slot receiver? There has been a lot of discussion of various wideouts, and there is definitely a need for a second receiver behind Smith, but no receiver we have brought in since the Moose of old has been very impressive. It might be true that King cannot really run after the catch, but he drops very few balls. Barnidge and Rosario can run quite well, and they have better hands than a lot of the receivers we have auditioned. So, before I go off thinking I am a football genius, could one of you far more knowledgeable people explain why this idea is ridiculous?

In the short time Jarrett was in he looked like he was running pretty good routes...just sayin'.

I feel like the offense maybe finally starting to get into rhythm with each other, the plays that were made during the 2:00 mark in the first half were nice. Not saying they were great but, getting better. Defense is astounding, hopefully this is the new face of the Carolina D, no mercy. I liked what I saw from Guy and kudos for his dreads being awesome. I can't remember exactly what plays he was good on but I remember trying to think of who 84 was. Overall glad we got the win and hope the offense gels more in the next game to hopefully be ready for NYG so we can punish them again.

While I watch the Panthers religiously, I cannot say that I fully understand the game, so bear with me . . . we have three TEs that can catch and block, so why do we not line one of them up as the slot receiver? There has been a lot of discussion of various wideouts, and there is definitely a need for a second receiver behind Smith, but no receiver we have brought in since the Moose of old has been very impressive. It might be true that King cannot really run after the catch, but he drops very few balls. Barnidge and Rosario can run quite well, and they have better hands than a lot of the receivers we have auditioned. So, before I go off thinking I am a football genius, could one of you far more knowledgeable people explain why this idea is ridiculous?

Might sound a bit simplistic, but there are reasons why TEs are TEs.

The guys we have would be much more likely to swap spots with a fullback than a wide receiver.

Might sound a bit simplistic, but there are reasons why TEs are TEs.

The guys we have would be much more likely to swap spots with a fullback than a wide receiver.

Pretty sure there was at least one point at which a TE did line up as fullback on Saturday, but I may just be delusional (the stream I was watching had such poor quality at some points I couldn't see jersey numbers).

Pretty sure there was at least one point at which a TE did line up as fullback on Saturday, but I may just be delusional (the stream I was watching had such poor quality at some points I couldn't see jersey numbers).

You did indeed see that. From memory, I think it was Rosario, but I'd need to look back at the tape to be sure.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Zw1993

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts