365 replies to this topic

#46 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

I could see Irvin staying, but not at the cost of Davis - they're seem to be really working to have Bernadeau be the backup center, so I'm thinking Davis stays. As far as Jarrett goes, I don't see Fox heading into the season with Smith, WW (who should be a big ST guy), and a bunch of rookies. The wild card with Jarrett IMO would be if they dropped him for a vet that was cut before the start of the season.

I think that Fox has more confidence in the rookies than Jarrett.

You have a guy in Lafell that they obviously like, it is begining to look like he is going to be the #2. They are invested in AE and seem to like him, and honestly, he seems to be a decent WR. Not spectacular yet, but he can catch. Gettis has huge potential, extremely rare size/speed combo. They are not going to risk him getting taken away on the practice squad.

So that gives you:
Smith
Lafell
AE
Gettis

Wright is a ST ace and showed the ability to play WR at a pretty good level. Unless his injury is season ending, he probably stays.

Now you are at 5 WR's.

Moore, Guy, and Jarrett. Moore probably won't make the team because of too many draft picks in the mix. Guy you can stash on the PS. Jarrett still seems to have problems with the playbook, although he is much better in that aspect. Has no seperation ability and plays no ST's.

Jarrett is gone.

#47 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Close would matter if the football was either a) a horse shoe, B) a gernade, or c) a golf ball.

or d) a fat woman

#48 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

I think Jarrett should be gone...just don't know if he will be gone. I was at the game last night and paid a lot of attention to the wide receivers. Jarrett looked very slow, and I hate it because I pull for the guys that are slow but have good hands and run good routes (like me in high school). But he just couldn't get open.

Gettis, AE, and LaFell all looked better in that respect.

#49 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

I think Jarrett should be gone...just don't know if he will be gone.

Agreed here. I don't think Jarrett not playing ST is that big of a deal in this situation because of all the backup defenders that can and do - it's not often that 3 backup DEs have the speed to play ST.

#50 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Agreed here. I don't think Jarrett not playing ST is that big of a deal in this situation because of all the backup defenders that can and do - it's not often that 3 backup DEs have the speed to play ST.

The point of that is what does he contribute? Nothing.

So you are going to keep a guy that does nothing, just because you don't want to go with your 3 drafted WR's? Don't think so, dude is gone.

#51 The Faceless

The Faceless

Seeker of Power

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Think we could get a 7th from Seattle for Jarrett?

#52 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

The point of that is what does he contribute? Nothing.

So you are going to keep a guy that does nothing, just because you don't want to go with your 3 drafted WR's? Don't think so, dude is gone.

Yup, just like Kevin Dyson or Rod Gardner. Not saying he starts or is even active, but I think he'll make the 53.

I agree with everything you've said- I just don't see him being cut in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by KSpan, 29 August 2010 - 05:15 PM.

#53 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

I think that Fox has more confidence in the rookies than Jarrett.

You have a guy in Lafell that they obviously like, it is begining to look like he is going to be the #2.

No offense, but I stopped reading right here.

I have to agree though, I think Jarrett will be the surprise cut. I was rooting for Jarrett, but it's clear besides Smith that all we have right now is #3 and #4 receivers and it will stay that way until the start of the season.

Smith
Lafell
Wright
Gettis
Edwards
(Possibly Guy)

#54 ForMac

ForMac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

Steve Smith
Kenny Moore
Brandon Lefell
David Gettis
Armanti Edwards
Trent Guy (Special Teams)

Wallace Wright IR

Yes were keeping six, and will release Dwayne Jarret.

#55 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

*Sigh*

Jarrett will be the #2.

#56 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,618 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

Pretty sad when some people say our #2 receiver is the same guy others say won't make the team.

#57 ForMac

ForMac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Jarrets shown nothing, with FOx Lameducked he will just go for it.

#58 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

Pretty sad when some people say our #2 receiver is the same guy others say won't make the team.

I never said it was a good thing.

Jarrett is a "veteran", he is still young, and he has shown as much as the other WR's (they've all shown little to nothing) this pre-season.

#59 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hell, even Keary Colbert got a final year of being mostly-inactive.

#60 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,368 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

If Jarrett was really on the verge of being don't you think he would have been getting more playing time yesterday? Gettis, Guy, Wright are all on the verge of being cut

Smith
Jarrett
Moore
Lafell
Edwards
Guy, Wright, or Gettis

My guess they try to practice squad Guy, put Gettis on IR with mysterious injury and Wright makes the team.

Dexter Jackson has absolutely no shot at this point.

And are you serious cut Brayton over an unproven rookie? Brayton looked really good against Baltimores first line o-line before he twisted his ankle. It would be an awful decision to cut our one veteran on the d-line even if he isn't starting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com