Photo
- - - - -

Official Panthers - Stillers Game Thread....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

#361 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Honorary Honeydick Member

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Go Panthers! It would be nice if the offense shows up for the Panthers.
looking forward to the seasons
www.america-jerseys.com

spam?

#362 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

Looks like there is some confidence in AE. The other QB's are pretty rough. I love the D esp. 66 and 76.

I hope that piece of poo Markice Pouncey gets anally violated in the back of some dingy bar tonight for that cheap shot on Williams.

Thank Hardy for Jason Baker.

#363 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

Gonna be a looooong season. Atleast we'll have a dominant defense to watch on sundays(hopefully)

Edited by AggieLean., 02 September 2010 - 09:57 PM.

#364 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

I had to watch the game with the Steelers commentators, and I have to say they are easily the most ignorant commentators I've ever heard.

Pike was alright, still floats the ball and has no zip on his passes, but threw some nice balls and even ran for a first down.

Edwards did well, even on his 1 punt return. Can't say for sure if the miscommunication early was his fault or Cantwell's.

Gettis should give Goodson some good competition for KR. Made some nice catches, dropped a couple passes he shoulda caught but got hit pretty good immediately. Should definitely make the team over Moore, Martin, or anyone not Smith, Jarrett, Lafell, or Edwards.

Jarrett had another play with nice separation early in the game, but Cantwell grossly underthrew him and the pass was almost picked off. One example of commentators' ignorance "Jarrett was blanketed by ______ on that play, great coverage" but Jarrett had a good yard step on the defender (whatever his name was). Had the pass been decent, it coulda gone for 6 (although Jarrett probably woulda been chased down).

Goodson looked good again. Vaughn and Savage looked horrid.

I'd say overall the game went ok considering the Panthers started with mostly 3rd stringers with a few 2nds against the Steelers starting lineup. At pretty much every point in the game the Steelers had 1 level of players higher in the game. The only exception being when they took Dixon out early so Batch could shake off some of the rust.

All of the kick and punt returns looked pretty good, and the kick and punt coverage was pretty good too with the lone exception of that one that got run back for a bunch of yards, but even on that one I counted at least 2 blocks in the back that weren't called on the Steelers.

Duke Robinson is trying to get himself cut.

Witherspoon is making a case for his roster spot.

Hardy was all over the place as usual. Lots of penetration, good lateral movement chasing down the play.

Tyler's hit on Dwyer in the backfield was classic.

Landri got some good penetration at times.

The 3rd+ string linebackers looked lost most of the time.

Again, offense moved the ball decently considering it was the 4th string RB, 3rd or higher string WRs, 3rd string QB and backup O-linemen that started the game against the first string Steeler defense. Same thing about the defense, decent performance considering it was all backups, some 3rd string or higher that started against 1st string Steeler offense.

#365 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

You see that video of draft day when Pouncy was selected and he kissed his twin brother on the lips? Hilarious stuff. Hilarious and disgusting.

Looks like there is some confidence in AE. The other QB's are pretty rough. I love the D esp. 66 and 76.

I hope that piece of poo Markice Pouncey gets anally violated in the back of some dingy bar tonight for that cheap shot on Williams.

Thank Hardy for Jason Baker.

#366 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

Any team looking to the preseason offensive tape will have nothing to plan for...really, nothing, whatsoever....I couldn't be happier about that in light of what we have seen in the preseason on offense.

#367 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:12 AM

Yeah and considering the Panthers have a great mastermind at offensive coordinator, a coach known for changing it up, and a bunch of young studs at receiver, the footage from last year will also be useless.

I'd hate to be the Giants right now. They're walking into the lion's den and they don't even know it.

#368 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:43 AM

Yeah and considering the Panthers have a great mastermind at offensive coordinator, a coach known for changing it up, and a bunch of young studs at receiver, the footage from last year will also be useless.

I'd hate to be the Giants right now. They're walking into the lion's den and they don't even know it.

lol