Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raise Your Hand

33 posts in this topic

Posted

If your teams gets to go to the BCS Championship Game because you beat Virginia Tech in the first game of the season.

Posted

I'm sure this sentiment will echo with the coaches and Boise will slip when they don't beat Northeast Montana State by 50.

Posted

Boise State won't play in the National Championship, they will have a game or two where they struggle because they weren't handed 17 points in the first quarter and barely win a game when they are suppose to dominate their conference.

Posted

Oregon State is the only other real chance they'll have of losing.

Posted

Ironically, this might be Boise's best team and due to their conf and sked, that works against them.

Playoffs is the only way.

Posted

Oregon State is the only other real chance they'll have of losing.

you would think that, but remember the Tulsa game last year?

Posted

IMO there is no way Boise goes.

If OSU beats Miami they go undefeated IMO and go to National Championship.

If Miami beats OSU then I think that shows they are good enough to go undefeated and they go...

There will be a 1 loss or undefeated SEC team, which will go.

Texas or OU will go with 1 loss.

If Oregon goes undefeated (which I think they could) then they have a better case than Boise.

IMO

Miami

OSU

Bama

Texas

OU

Oregon

There are just too many options other than BSU.

Posted

Yeah, we'll be hanging that loss on OU. GO NOLES BABY!

Posted

I wouldn't be opposed to a playoff system, two SEC teams vs each other would be a lot better than these one sided affairs we been having to deal with lately.

Posted

I wouldn't be opposed to a playoff system, two SEC teams vs each other would be a lot better than these one sided affairs we been having to deal with lately.

Although it should have been, last year's wasn't exactly a one sided affair.

Posted

If your teams gets to go to the BCS Championship Game because you beat Virginia Tech in the first game of the season.

If they are the only team left undefeated at the end of the regular season and conference championship games I don't see how you can't put them in the top two, given where they are ranked right now.

This is IMO the best chance we will probably ever see at a non-AQ getting a shot at a BCS national championship game. If they don't get in by going undefeated this year, it means that I don't think we will ever see a non-AQ get in as long as the BCS and power conferences exist.

Posted

I'm for whatever causes the most pain to the BCS system.