Photo
- - - - -

Jake and Lucas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#16 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

Every QB in the league overthrows and passes behind their receivers.

Of course, and some more often than others.

#17 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

Damn people, Jake looked pretty good to me. Yeah, he threw a couple of bad balls, but for the most part he was on target all night.

BTW, that first long completion Tampa got on us looked like a blown coverage to me. It looked like Lucas passed his man off, but I don't know if it was even Marshall that was supposed to take him, or if one of the safeties was supposed to have the deep coverage.

#18 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

Every QB in the league overthrows and passes behind their receivers.

1. That's the lamest excuse for poor play i've ever heard.
2. I have a black lab too! :D

#19 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

I wouldn't go that far. He hardly ever puts the ball right on the money, which increases the likelihood of interceptions. Some of the tipped ints have been because of overthrows, and passes thrown behind receivers. I love Jake as our QB but I'm not going to absolve him of his mistakes.

I disagree. Tonight, anyways, most of his throws were right on the money. Hell, if Brad Hoover hadn't dropped two that hit him in the hands Jake's completion percentage would be amazing.

#20 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,098 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

1. That's the lamest excuse for poor play i've ever heard.
2. I have a black lab too! :D

meh. My point is his interceptions have been flukey because they're the same type of bad throws that the bradys and mannings and everyone else usually get away with.

And she's a mix. She's full grown and only 35 pounds.

#21 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

I disagree. Tonight, anyways, most of his throws were right on the money. Hell, if Brad Hoover hadn't dropped two that hit him in the hands Jake's completion percentage would be amazing.

I agree with you. Hell, that second INT really just looked like a miscommunication between Jake and Stewart, and the defender just made a hell of a play. Sometimes you have to give the opponent a little credit too.

BTW, King also dropped one tonight.

#22 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

Unfortunately, no one in the secondary is playing that well lately. Lucas is just the weakest of an uncharacteristically weak bunch.

i think gamble has played pretty solid, but your right for the most part. i dont know if it was trogos prevent D because we had the lead, or if they were all just getting burned tonight, but something wasnt right.

at the beginning of the season, they were probably the strongest unit on the team. but lately, lucas and godfrey have been awful, and harris isnt his usual self(except he did get robbed by the refs tonight on the forced fumble)

#23 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

i think gamble has played pretty solid, but your right for the most part. i dont know if it was trogos prevent D because we had the lead, or if they were all just getting burned tonight, but something wasnt right.

at the beginning of the season, the were probably the strongest unit on the team.

Yeah, really for most of the season's first half they seemed like the biggest strength of the defense. It's puzzling that there's been a drop off lately.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com