• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Can We Stop Looking Forward To The Offseason??

Everyone's babbling about new coaches, trading players, draft choices, etc. We still have 14 f**king games left in the season. We could go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl for all we know. Quit speculating and enjoy the damn season while it's still here.

True statement.

I can't say I'm especially optimistic, but I have to agree that looking to next year after only two weeks is kind of silly.

I bought my PSLs and pay a shed-load of money each week to travel, tailgate and watch the games.

Good fans don't sit back and take it. Good fans get pissed off because they are invested in their team.

Can you imagine some Green Bay fan telling everyone to just chill and enjoy it when they start 0-2. No, because they have an expectation of excellence. I'm not seeing that from our fans.

Yes I'm excited to see Clausen play. But I am realistic about how good this team is. And i'm angry about lots of stuff.

I can't say I'm especially optimistic, but I have to agree that looking to next year after only two weeks is kind of silly.
i'm thinking this year could be kind of fun, esp. if fox is throwing all his old tendencies out the window. i don't see a whole lot of wins but it could still be fun. one of those moments where you just have to laugh at yourself and chalk it up to gaining experience or growing pains.

i have a good feeling about the future of this team and that kind of makes it better for me.

If that is the standard, then all NFL teams have aweful fans bases. Any team that is not winning has a fanbase where ours is right now (angry).

At least we care enough to get ticked off...I remember when we were considered the Wine (not 'whine') & Cheese crowd of the NFL, ack in the mid 90's. Now we are as mean & unappreciative of our team, when losing, as the rest of the league! :D

Lol you still are! I go to every Falcons @ Panther game every year. And I sit in club section every year at 1/2 face value. Why? Because a ton of wine and cheese fans have tickets..........just to have tickets. Thats what PSL tickets do. Make it so devout fans can't afford them.

how many here are telling people how to be a real fan or a good fan.

suck it. i don't care where you spend your money. you don't like it? sell them. easy as that. if you're really pissed off at the org, sell it at a loss just to rid yourself of them.

find yourself a real team to be "happy" about.

I bought my PSLs and pay a shed-load of money each week to travel, tailgate and watch the games.

Good fans don't sit back and take it. Good fans get pissed off because they are invested in their team.

Can you imagine some Green Bay fan telling everyone to just chill and enjoy it when they start 0-2. No, because they have an expectation of excellence. I'm not seeing that from our fans.

Yes I'm excited to see Clausen play. But I am realistic about how good this team is. And i'm angry about lots of stuff.

Saying "We should pick up _____ in the offseason." Or "Trade for _____" or "Take _____ in the draft" has nothing to do with our success this season. If you want the team to be better NOW, like you said, then you'd be saying "We need better play calling." "A #2 receiver needs to step up now." Etc etc.

Its a message board for goodness sake.

We have a rookie QB, rookie QBs hardly ever do anything in their first year let alone win a Super Bowl.

We have a lame duck coach who is probably 100% gone at the end of the year and we have to wait till the offseason to speculate on who our coach is going to be in the future?

Our defense is awful, we got torched by Eli Manning and Josh Freeman for goodness sake. We can't talk about drafting guys to eventually come in and help?

Our WRs other then Smitty are awful, we will be lucky to have a WR not named Smith who isn't a TE or RB catch 20 passes this year. We can't talk about potentially getting a guy to come in next year to fill this void?

We made no FA acquisitions, we didn't have a first round pick to talk about. What are we supposed to have the entire front page be about scouting the Bengals or something? This is a public message board and we are fans not coaches let us talk about whatever the fugg we want to talk about.

Its a message board for goodness sake.

We have a rookie QB, rookie QBs hardly ever do anything in their first year let alone win a Super Bowl.

We have a lame duck coach who is probably 100% gone at the end of the year and we have to wait till the offseason to speculate on who our coach is going to be in the future?

Our defense is awful, we got torched by Eli Manning and Josh Freeman for goodness sake. We can't talk about drafting guys to eventually come in and help?

Our WRs other then Smitty are awful, we will be lucky to have a WR not named Smith who isn't a TE or RB catch 20 passes this year. We can't talk about potentially getting a guy to come in next year to fill this void.

We made no FA acquisitions, we didn't have a first round pick to talk about. What are we supposed to have the entire front page be about scouting the Bengals or something? We are fans not coaches let us talk about whatever the fugg we want to talk about.

We are two f**king games into the season. You watch and enjoy football for the game, yet you're looking forward to the game to end for another 7 months?? Who gives a sh*t. We could finish 0-16 for all I care, but football is football. I'll enjoy it regardless.

I grew up as a diehard Atlanta Falcons fan in the 1970s and 1980s. No matter how this season turns out, I'll survive it and be a Panther fan throughout.

And yes, it is way early to throw the season out. Sure will feel good when we get a win, though!

We are two f**king games into the season. You watch and enjoy football for the game, yet you're looking forward to the game to end for another 7 months?? Who gives a sh*t. We could finish 0-16 for all I care, but football is football. I'll enjoy it regardless.

Games happen once a week on Sundays there is always lots of chatter about the team on Sunday and even Monday. As I said are you expecting there to be 10 threads on the front page scouting the Bengals and talking about how we are going to run through our schedule and make the playoffs? There was a thread about predicting our record and I don't think one guy even had us finishing at .500 during the season. Its a public message board and we have a number of huge issues looming over this team yet we have to talk about how our bad team with major flaws is going to do against the Bengals this weekend?

I'm not looking forward to the season ending I enjoy watching the Panthers every Sunday, but you can't expect me to talk about how bad a job Jarrett, Godfrey and Marshall do each week. Good teams talk about now, bad teams talk about the future and right now we are 0-2 and have been beaten down both games by teams who will likely miss the playoffs.

If you want the team to be better NOW, like you said, then you'd be saying "We need better play calling." "A #2 receiver needs to step up now." Etc etc.

I've been saying all that. In addition to secondary, #3 WR, QB, O coordinator, O-Line and D-Line.

What the hell are you talking about?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Turnip

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts