Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armanti!?!?

130 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a firm believer that anyone who leads their team to wins has a swagger about them that can not be taught. At ASU, Armanti was one of the best players to ever play 1-AA or FCS. Does that not carry over at all? It seems to me as though FCS teams are closing the gap on FBS teams in college. Look at James Madison, who pretty much controlled the game against Va. Tech a couple weeks ago. I know Armanti is WAY undersized, is it possible to see him ever play QB in the NFL? What does everyone think?

So what you're saying is the Panthers owe him a chance to play QB based on his accomplishments at the college level.

This is the NFL. No one is going to give a third round rookie project an opportunity to play because he was once "one of the best FCS players ever." Armanti is now just like everyone else: he's going to have to show the coaches that he deserves to be activated from the practice squad (and let's be honest, what has he shown so far that would warrant being activated?)

If you're going to post an argument in favor of Armanti being on the game day roster, post something relating to his performance at the professional level. Otherwise, you'll just end up getting laughed at like all the other App homers who have posted countless other AE threads so far this year.

Posted

bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

riiiight, okay i know it's hard for you to wrap your espn bukkakeed mind around this but . . . . good football teams and players do exist outside the BCS.

Posted

Unless Gettis takes off, I would be astonished if Edwards doesn't get some serious game time in the future.

edit: near future of this season that is :P

Posted

Being the best FCS football player is the same as having just a little bit of aids

Posted

what's scary to think about is that in a couple weeks it could very easily be steve smith and 3 rookies starting, and a rookie qb.

Posted

I am a firm believer that anyone who leads their team to wins has a swagger about them that can not be taught. At ASU, Armanti was one of the best players to ever play 1-AA or FCS. Does that not carry over at all? It seems to me as though FCS teams are closing the gap on FBS teams in college. Look at James Madison, who pretty much controlled the game against Va. Tech a couple weeks ago. I know Armanti is WAY undersized, is it possible to see him ever play QB in the NFL? What does everyone think?

I know a guy who was awesome in middle school at QB-Everyone talked about how good he was. Won every game. Was a true star. 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, and could throw it 50 yards. In high school, he sucked. Got moved to different positions. Eventually, he quit. The team went on to win the state championship 3 consecutive years.

He had a swagger. All athletes reach a point where the competition overwhelms them. Football is a process of elimination. App State is not obligated to produce NFL players, and, aside from basically John Settle and Dino Hackett in the 80s and Chris Hanburger in the 60s, they haven't. Armanti needs to focus on catching the ball and being elusive. Davidson is an idiot for working him at QB. Screwing up and already confused kid. Armanti was a long shot because of his size, his position, and his level of competition. His skill set is what we drafted, not his skill as a QB.

Posted

QUOTE: I am a firm believer that anyone who leads their team to wins has a swagger about them that can not be taught. At ASU, Armanti was one of the best players to ever play 1-AA or FCS. Does that not carry over at all? It seems to me as though FCS teams are closing the gap on FBS teams in college. Look at James Madison, who pretty much controlled the game against Va. Tech a couple weeks ago. I know Armanti is WAY undersized, is it possible to see him ever play QB in the NFL? What does everyone think?

I know a guy who was awesome in middle school at QB-Everyone talked about how good he was. Won every game. Was a true star. 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, and could throw it 50 yards. In high school, he sucked. Got moved to different positions. Eventually, he quit. The team went on to win the state championship 3 consecutive years.

He had a swagger. All athletes reach a point where the competition overwhelms them. Football is a process of elimination. App State is not obligated to produce NFL players, and, aside from basically John Settle and Dino Hackett in the 80s and Chris Hanburger in the 60s, they haven't. Armanti needs to focus on catching the ball and being elusive. Davidson is an idiot for working him at QB. Screwing up and already confused kid. Armanti was a long shot because of his size, his position, and his level of competition. His skill set is what we drafted, not his skill as a QB.

Posted

Dexter Coakley is an ASU grad too

Posted

QUOTE: I am a firm believer that anyone who leads their team to wins has a swagger about them that can not be taught. At ASU, Armanti was one of the best players to ever play 1-AA or FCS. Does that not carry over at all? It seems to me as though FCS teams are closing the gap on FBS teams in college. Look at James Madison, who pretty much controlled the game against Va. Tech a couple weeks ago. I know Armanti is WAY undersized, is it possible to see him ever play QB in the NFL? What does everyone think?

3 pro players in 40 years, who knew?

Posted

i'm going to say that edwards is active this week and may even start. only reasoning i have is that fox is trying out all of his WRs. i htnk he knows (for better or WORSE) what he has in jarrett. last week he got to see some of what gettis can do, and he saw some of lafell before he got hurt.

the only one that he really has yet to see in legit action is edwards. why not throw him in there and see what he can do as well? this year is primarily an experiment anyways. it's worth a shot.

btw...i can see us going in with smith, gettis, edwards, and jarrett all active with gettis, edwards, and jarrett getting about equal PT just to see who jimmy connects with.

the next few weeks leading up to the bye is going to be an audition for the #2 and #3 WR job.

Posted

Interesting how the high school FCS division produced the greatest and arguably 2nd and 3rd best wide receivers ever.

Yes its a mistake to draft the greatest 1AA quarterback (and player) of all time and move him to another position. The 49ers didn't move Rice to CB did they?

1 person likes this

Posted

i'm going to say that edwards is active this week and may even start. only reasoning i have is that fox is trying out all of his WRs. i htnk he knows (for better or WORSE) what he has in jarrett. last week he got to see some of what gettis can do, and he saw some of lafell before he got hurt.

the only one that he really has yet to see in legit action is edwards. why not throw him in there and see what he can do as well? this year is primarily an experiment anyways. it's worth a shot.

btw...i can see us going in with smith, gettis, edwards, and jarrett all active with gettis, edwards, and jarrett getting about equal PT just to see who jimmy connects with.

the next few weeks leading up to the bye is going to be an audition for the #2 and #3 WR job.[/QUOTE]

Sure wish they would have solved this in camp/preseason.