Photo
- - - - -

Because Peppers Made Known That He Wants Out..U Will Not Get 1st or 2nd picks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#1 PeppersOut

PeppersOut

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

If I were a fan, I would be mad at Peppers for that reason alone. This puts the Panthers at a disadvantage unless they decide to give Peppers exactly what he wants and he resigns.

Otherwise- I doubt seriously if Peppers garner a high 2nd rd pick...maybe a team with a lower 2nd pick, but definitely not a 1st rounder. Many GMs will force Carolina's hand and make your GM make a move.

IMHO- Peppers was wrong for annoucing his displeasure with the Panthers. He should have kept it in-house and allowed the Panthers to swing a 1st rder for him since he said that he didn't want to leave the team in a bind; however, it seems like he did just the opposite with his latest announcement.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

are you not a fan?

#3 crunkpanther

crunkpanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, I agree, that didn't help matters. But I still think we'll be able to get a good deal. The fact is, a lot of teams will jump at the chance to land Peppers, and they'll be bidding against each other. I still think we get minimum a first rounder out of this.

#4 PeppersOut

PeppersOut

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

are you not a fan?

I don't dislike the Panthers, but I'm not their no#1 fan either. But that's beside the point- I was just looking at the situation from an objective view with no dog in the fight.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

can we ban this troll yet?

#6 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Oh I think we get good value for Pep. I can see Philly, Houston, Oakland, Denver, and St. Louis all throwing offers at Carolina for him.

#7 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

That's exactly what I'm thinking! WTF did he say "I want to do what's best for myself AND The Panthers organization." If he wasn't going to...he's the only f*cking potential free agent thus far that I've heard say I want out. (and the last one I'd expect to.)

Normally atheletes just say I'll do what's best for me and my family...not the franchise also. SO I JUST KNEW we were going to get it done....boy did I lie to myself.

#8 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

we get a 1st rounder for him. It's still going to be difficult for the team to sign gross and franchise Peppers to trade him.

#9 PeppersOut

PeppersOut

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, I agree, that didn't help matters. But I still think we'll be able to get a good deal. The fact is, a lot of teams will jump at the chance to land Peppers, and they'll be bidding against each other. I still think we get minimum a first rounder out of this.

I'm not saying that Peppers isn't a good player, but you (Panthers) are not going to get a 1st rounder for him. He's not a dominate player who consistently takes over a game like a Reed, Suggs, Haynesworth, J Allen, Abraham and so forth. Also, the teams that are probably able to work out the best deals ( Detroit, Oak, KC, Seattle) will need for Peppers to sign a long -term deal. Also, teams will look at his age. Unlike J Allen, Peppers will be 29 this year, Allen was only 24. Its a huge difference.

Hence, the last thing another team wants, whose willing to trade with the Panthers, is a disgruntle player. All of these things and more will be taken into consideration.

Edited by PeppersOut, 17 January 2009 - 06:08 PM.

#10 PeppersOut

PeppersOut

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

Oh I think we get good value for Pep. I can see Philly, Houston, Oakland, Denver, and St. Louis all throwing offers at Carolina for him.

I beleive the Panthers can get value, but it won't be what you think and definitely not a 1st rounder. Sorry. The Panthers, or shall I say Peppers, tipped your hand and for that you have lost a lot of leverage.

Edited by PeppersOut, 17 January 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#11 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

can we ban this troll yet?

yeah, that. This douchebag is getting off on this poo.

#12 Randyfloyd

Randyfloyd

Resurrected

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

The phrase is tipped your hand...but you can tip your hat if you want and kindly piss off.

#13 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

a first round is what you get for a 4 time pro bowler de.

#14 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

If a washed up, injured, and dancing with the stars candidate Jason Taylor is worth a 2nd and a 6th, then Peppers is worth a 1st and a 3rd easy.

#15 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

Wanna bet we get at least a 1st rounder. You're not making any sense. Teams that need to their line or defense to improve, will do what they have to get him. Aint paying attention to all that extra crap you speaking of. We wont let him go for nothing else

This is a business. Teams want to win

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com