Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Of Religions...

58 posts in this topic

bah.. yes it is.. I don't really believe half of what I say...

Then why post it? Quit trying to outdo Zod on the post count. You're not going to win.

1 person likes this

being 100% sincere...

I love everyone.. even people who don't like me.... and I would give anything I had or was able to get to help anyone out.... I don't believe in being selfish.. I don't think I'm better than anyone... I respect all religions as well as people who have no religion...

All of this excludes, of course, Falcons/Bucs/Saints fans... They can all die painful deaths.. (just kidding!)

Then why post it? Quit trying to outdo Zod on the post count. You're not going to win.

shhh! I'm slowly gaining!

People post stuff on INTERNET to get a rise out of others? Balderdash!

People post stuff on INTERNET to get a rise out of others? Balderdash!

That's what I was thinking.

That doesn't mean that money is saved elsewhere so that dinner can be paid for.

...speaking from experience here my friend.

You don't know my FIL. lol

Although I am a Christian, by far, my favorite religion has to be Buddhism... no question.

I will say this and I will leave it alone. Really, I don't necessarily dispute what you are saying. My problem lies in the "better than/less than" theory. Once someone chooses to believe in Jesus, or Christ, or Jesus the Christ then that's fine but who are you to say that your conviction is better than anyone else's, especially when the stories are so close and Christianity is the NEWEST religon?

Now, once you infiltrate someone else's lifestyle in what has been working for them all their life, whether it be Judaism, Taoism, Catholicism, Buddhism or Hindu and you say, "Hey, you got it all wrong. This is the way.", that imperialistic nature is just anti-Jesus.

If Christians just sat back and did what Jesus asks you to do by putting the shoe on the other foot, Christians would not be so quick to denounce how and what other people believe. I mean, think about someone just coming into your life and telling you, "Hey, everything that has been told to you is a lie." You got to do it my way or go to hell. Don't give me a "God" answer. Give me a "free will" answer.

The Bible clearly states that you should study to show thyself approved. It did not say study the Bible, it said study. Then it instructed that with all your getting, get understanding. This leads me to believe that the Bible is A source and not THE source. Ironically, there was no Bible during Biblical times, just scrolls. And there have been dozens of BIBLES before KJV. Now, how much do you think got lost in translation, with the majority of it being oral history from a consensus that Hebrew is the hardest, if not one of the hardest, to translate from? Something ain't adding up and God is a God of order, right?

It's true. It was people who CLAIMED to be Christians but with the sheeple that we live amongst today, who can really tell the difference when most Christians are ignorant? Jerry Fallwell was a Christian and a KNOWN racist. George Bush is a Christians yet he does not hesitate to spread war instead of love. Forget all the biblical mojo. Jesus asks of us three things: charity, hope and faith. Where in the hell are they?

All this tithing and offering? Jesus asks for first fruits. In the Bible, you were blessed FIRST then you gave. You did not sow an unknown seed. And the only people in the Bible that received tithes were priests. Not preachers, not evangelists, not pastors, not tv ministers...PRIESTS. They were not allowed to work so the community gave to provide for them for the services they provided.

In closing, think about it, literacy is a new concept when it comes to more people knowing how to read than not. That means if man is man, there has been a lot of manipulation. So, as these new questions come up people get defensive with the run of the mill answers rather than knowing GOD for themselves. You tell me which Bible is right and you have a believer. by:enlightened one

I will say this and I will leave it alone. Really, I don't necessarily dispute what you are saying. My problem lies in the "better than/less than" theory. Once someone chooses to believe in Jesus, or Christ, or Jesus the Christ then that's fine but who are you to say that your conviction is better than anyone else's, especially when the stories are so close and Christianity is the NEWEST religon?

Now, once you infiltrate someone else's lifestyle in what has been working for them all their life, whether it be Judaism, Taoism, Catholicism, Buddhism or Hindu and you say, "Hey, you got it all wrong. This is the way.", that imperialistic nature is just anti-Jesus.

Well put. That's the American way though! To put a NEW AND IMPROVED stamp on something that is old/practically the same and call it new and better and that you have to have it!