13 replies to this topic

#1 Laetitia

Laetitia

I serve only Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

(BY CAULTON TUDOR, Staff columnist) Butch Davis should resign as North Carolina#x92;s football coach.p/If that doesn#x92;t happen -- and soon -- the school needs to dismiss Davis. In view of the ongoing and seemingly endless series of investigations into possible transgressions that have occurred during Davis#x92; supervision of the program, his removal from the job is the single most necessary step in the rehabilitation process for the school and the football program.

More...

#2 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:12 AM

I'm so sick of reading Charlotte Observer articles it makes me sick, do you guys ever go out and do any investigating? It's always some idiot writer's opinion, if I want news that "rag" is my last stop.

#3 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth they beer.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,505 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

Davis goes no where. He has already done more for the school's athletics than anyone wants to write about because the "posh" thing to do right now is bury anything related to the University Of North Carolina's Athletics programs.

#4 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

If Davis doesn't step down UNC should be embarrassed and shows where their priorities are.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

and trust me I'd love him to stay (3-0)

#6 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

Davis has both improved and hurt the program. I dont remember the last time seeing a college team with so many suspended players (excluding the Miami FIU fight years ago). He has definitely hurt the programs reputation and has put them constantly under investigation by the NCAA

#7 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Davis goes no where. He has already done more for the school's athletics than anyone wants to write about because the "posh" thing to do right now is bury anything related to the University Of North Carolina's Athletics programs.

The thing is, if they start writing about the good things Butch Davis has done, it won't sell papers or get hits on their web site. ABCers and Tar Heel fans alike are eating this stuff up and giving them more hits than they have had in years. it's a win win for them.

#8 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

Tennessee fans should send him a thank you note for turning down the job in Knoxville.

#9 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

Tennessee fans should send him a thank you note for turning down the job in Knoxville.

\

Seriously? How many Tennessee players have been arrested since Davis turned you down? At least UNC doesn't have a bunch of criminals playing for them, although you would think these kids are criminals the way they're being treated.

#10 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

3 coaches in 3 years, hell nobody wants that job!!!

#11 Catdaddy

Catdaddy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

Butch is not going anywhere

#12 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth they beer.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,505 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

Butch is not going anywhere

Exactly. People seem to forget his biggest trait in his College Football career was the ability to repair programs that dealt with issues like this, and turn them into conference contenders. One lapse in judgement led him to John Blake, but that situation is being handled...and to this point, no recruits have bailed on UNC.

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

I agree, Davis should resign and take Roy Williams with him. Bring back Matt Doherty to restore some sanity to the program. :)

#14 CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Sweet Soul Sister

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

Bring back Matt Doherty to restore some sanity to the program. :)

Bite your tongue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.