Photo
- - - - -

Kolb is another reason Moore should start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

This is just my opinion, but since it's a lost season at this point anyways - I think we should stick with Clausen to figure whether or not we need to address the QB position this coming offseason.

#26 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Kolb showed promise and was given the Philly job heading into the season. He like Moore looked like crap to start the season.....play that contradicted what was seen prior.

Kolb is back now, looking like he was prior to the start of this season.

Benching Moore was a mistake. Moore has proven he can play.....you don't bail on a young QB like Moore b/c of a couple bad quarters.

You are aware that Kolb and Moore are two entirely different people, correct?

#27 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

And you accuse him of picking and choosing stats. At least his were real. Moore only started 2 games this year so the 0-3 might apply to Clausen not Moore. Plus at the time he was benched he had 2 TDs and 4 Ints. At least get the facts right,

As for last year, Minnesota wasn't on a slump. They were 10-2 when they played us and going for home field advantage with New Orleans and had everything to play for. They had won 5 out of their last 6. If that is a slump I wish we were on the same slump right now.

As for the Giants they were still fighting for a playoff spot. Thir loss to us really sent them into the toilet. If they had beat us they could have righted the ship.

As for New Orleans, we didn't play all our starters either. Williams, Smith, Otah and Gross were out that game. So our offense was depleted as well.

Seems to me these discussions would be more fruitful if folks actually looked into the facts before just writing stupid posts.

oh ok sorry 0-2 with under 40% completion and double the int/td ratio, then he comes in to try and redeem himself and throws two more interceptions

sorry that makes him sooo much better

#28 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

They lost the last 3 out of 5 games

Giants lost 8 out of the last 11

Dont get me wrong....I like Matt Moore, seems like a nice guy and a quality backup....but that is the key word, backup

point was, they were not IN a slump before those games. Carolina helped put them in a slump.

#29 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

You are aware that Kolb and Moore are two entirely different people, correct?

yes I do. You do realize they are both examples of QBs not getting a fair shot to start the season and quickly put on the bench b/c of poor play.

#30 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

This is just my opinion, but since it's a lost season at this point anyways - I think we should stick with Clausen to figure whether or not we need to address the QB position this coming offseason.

The same logic could apply to Moore actually. We already have Clausen locked up and need to see if Moore is worth keeping. If we get rid of Moore we are guaranteed to either bring in a veteran or a draft pick so the necessity to see what we have in Clausen isn't really as important as seeing what we have in Moore. Truth is we aren't likely to bail on Clausen no matter how he plays and given our history aren't likely to draft a quarterback in the first or second next year anyway.

So having to play Clausen now is really not true at all. With Pike and Clausen already locked up we aren't going to draft anyone unless the new head coach has to have him. The exact opposite is true. The guy on the bubble is Moore not Clausen and he needs to show he is a starter or not.
So with your logic, Moore should start the rest of the year not Clausen.

#31 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

again, the point is Moore is NOT a vet he is a young QB. Moore could be the answer just as much as Clausen could be.....only difference is Moore has shown some spark and solid play.

We need to be playing to win. Continuing to stick w/ what Clausen is doing benefits no one.

#32 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

Are you guys saying we should trade D-will for Kevin Kolb?

;)

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

oh ok sorry 0-2 with under 40% completion and double the int/td ratio, then he comes in to try and redeem himself and throws two more interceptions

sorry that makes him sooo much better

So when you are wrong and failed to look up even the basic facts why get sarcastic. it is okay to just admit it and move on. We call that basic civility.

#34 scpanther22

scpanther22

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

This..

Stick with Clausen and see what you have in him.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

This..

Stick with Clausen and see what you have in him.

Why? We are going to stick with him anyway good or bad. We really need to know about Moore actually. We are going to bring in a vet next year anyway who will start if Moore isn't here and Clausen struggles. I would give Moore another 3 or 4 games to prove himself and if he plays well keep him in. If he still struggles then I would bale on him, put in Clausen for the experience and next year bring in another veteran to backup and potentially start when Clausen struggles.

Edited by panthers55, 18 October 2010 - 01:55 PM.