Photo
- - - - -

Let's all insult each other over football.

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#76 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

i'm not gonna try and piss on the huddle

#77 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

For hot sexy time with a man that is hairier then a terrorist Imam,

Call Southcakpanther at 697-067-7374
See what I did here^^^

#78 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

I usually call that an equal opportunity a$$hole. :)

I resemble that remark.:D

#79 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

u spent 3 hours preparing a post on a thread on the Carolina Panthers Forum?

I don't mind. I like the Panthers and I like Knowledge. The Carolina Huddle certainly looked like it could use it when it came to our starting QB(which is kind of sad btw). Makes for better conversations.

Plus it kind of worked. If you noticed a lot of the "Matt Moore is terrible", "Matt Moore is a nobody" threads kind of died down over the past couple of weeks. There's only a couple of die-hard Clausen fans that particpate in that nowadays....oh and Raging Bull.

I have faith that when given the choice most people have enough sense to go for the facts versus forum opinion regardless of where it comes from.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 20 October 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#80 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

no offense to any of you, but when a post goes off my screen it is very unlikely that I will read it. I just don't have the attention span. sometimes I'll read ones by Mr. Scot or SLJ that do so, but even they get skimmed.

#81 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,390 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

^^^deserves pie...I still have none

#82 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,672 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

SLJ doesn't say motherfuger enough for my tastes.

#83 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

Plus it kind of worked. If you noticed a lot of the "Matt Moore is terrible", "Matt Moore is a nobody" threads kind of died down over the past couple of weeks.

Not to be insulting, but you really think anything you wrote has any bearing on that? Do you really think you swayed some opinions?

No, what "worked" was not seeing him start for a couple weeks. What worked was seeing how fuging abysmal this offense is no matter who is under center. What worked was seeing that having a QB who doesn't throw a pick every ten tosses doesn't guarantee a win.

We'll see if those posts return later this season. I hope not, for Moore's sake, since they'll indicate that he is playing himself out of a job and possibly out of the league.

#84 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Not to be insulting, but you really think anything you wrote has any bearing on that? Do you really think you swayed some opinions?

No, what "worked" was not seeing him start for a couple weeks. What worked was seeing how f**king abysmal this offense is no matter who is under center. What worked was seeing that having a QB who doesn't throw a pick every ten tosses doesn't guarantee a win.

We'll see if those posts return later this season. I hope not, for Moore's sake, since they'll indicate that he is playing himself out of a job and possibly out of the league.

Your logic is kind of backwards and yeah, actually I do. Because anyone that continues to spout things like "Matt Moore is terrible", "Matt Moore hasn't shown anything", look pretty stupid in light of a list of factual data that shows the complete opposite.

And most people don't want to look stupid, so in this case, the fact that a lot of people DON'T argue against the facts, is the same thing as getting a million replies that agree with them. It's a quiet nod that they agree.

Also the fact that that thread has close to 400 replies and probably says something too.....Not saying that I'm the sole reason for the transformation of the attitude around here, but I'm sure a lot of people found the data informative.

One more thing: If you believe threads that are based on facts, logic and reality are NOT beneficial to the forum, go right ahead. You don't have to contribute. I always believed they did and will continue to make them. I do believe a lot of people in the end seek facts not slander.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 20 October 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#85 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,032 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

lol a thread with an OP about something completely different and yet PFFL somehow managed to change the subject and push the point across about how matt moore is awesome

#86 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

Your logic is kind of backwards and yeah, actually I do. Because anyone that continues to spout things like "Matt Moore is terrible", "Matt Moore hasn't shown anything", look pretty stupid in light of a list of factual data that shows the complete opposite.

Pat yourself on the back if you want, but your "stats" really didn't matter to many people. For instance, I got tired of saying "Matt Moore looked terrible this season" because it's obvious to anyone who watches Panther football how bad the offense has looked under him, and he hadn't played in a while as a starter, so what was the point? When it became obvious that our offensive woes weren't going to go away no matter who was back there, people got tired of arguing about whether Moore was any good or even if he was better than Clausen, because it no longer mattered. At this point, we are no longer arguing if Moore has sucked this season, but if he can actually recover from it and have a job next season. If you think you are the reason for that movement, well, go right ahead. That explains some of your thread titles.

For the rest of us, we're content to root for whoever is behind center and hope they do well. Since Moore is now that person,a lot of us don't see the need to constantly harp on who should be starting. We're going to give him his chance... again. If he does, all the better. If he continues with his recent trend, then we'll be disappointed. I will be, anyway. If he sucks it up, expect the threads to return, no matter how many stats you have pointing out how amazing he is and how great he is.

I never said you shouldn't post, just that you shouldn't think that your posting is really changing people or this forum in any meaningful way. There are very few posters here who actually have any real impact on people, and neither you nor I are among them. Once in a while we may say something that get's someones attention, not often.

edit: honestly, this thread really is in part about pffl. Have you seen the tags on his threads? No wonder this thread was create. People are a bit overboard with what they feel about him. he and I disagree a lot but that's no reason to say quite what people do. I insult him plenty, but at least I try to keep it largely non-personal! Honest!

#87 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

And most people don't want to look stupid, so in this case, the fact that a lot of people DON'T argue against the facts, is the same thing as getting a million replies that agree with them. It's a quiet nod that they agree.

Also the fact that that thread has close to 400 replies and probably says something too.....Not saying that I'm the sole reason for the transformation of the attitude around here, but I'm sure a lot of people found the data informative.

One more thing: If you believe threads that are based on facts, logic and reality are NOT beneficial to the forum, go right ahead. You don't have to contribute. I always believed they did and will continue to make them. I do believe a lot of people in the end seek facts not slander.

Matt Moore WAS terrible, and he did NOT show anything in the first 6 games this season (including the preseason). To say otherwise is dillusional.

Moore looked bad....Clausen look just as bad. Go with the guy who has a little more experience. That is all that we saw here.

#88 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

I wouldnt define this as trolling. If I was trolling, I would just say a whole bunch of stuff to piss you off. Let me know if you want that.

Sheesh boo, calm down, I was just picking.

Besides, nothing you can say will piss me off. Looks like I pissed you off though.

#89 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

People suck.

#90 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

Pat yourself on the back if you want, but your "stats" really didn't matter to many people. For instance, I got tired of saying "Matt Moore looked terrible this season" because it's obvious to anyone who watches Panther football how bad the offense has looked under him, and he hadn't played in a while as a starter, so what was the point? When it became obvious that our offensive woes weren't going to go away no matter who was back there, people got tired of arguing about whether Moore was any good or even if he was better than Clausen, because it no longer mattered. At this point, we are no longer arguing if Moore has sucked this season, but if he can actually recover from it and have a job next season. If you think you are the reason for that movement, well, go right ahead. That explains some of your thread titles.

For the rest of us, we're content to root for whoever is behind center and hope they do well. Since Moore is now that person,a lot of us don't see the need to constantly harp on who should be starting. We're going to give him his chance... again. If he does, all the better. If he continues with his recent trend, then we'll be disappointed. I will be, anyway. If he sucks it up, expect the threads to return, no matter how many stats you have pointing out how amazing he is and how great he is.

I never said you shouldn't post, just that you shouldn't think that your posting is really changing people or this forum in any meaningful way. There are very few posters here who actually have any real impact on people, and neither you nor I are among them. Once in a while we may say something that get's someones attention, not often.

edit: honestly, this thread really is in part about pffl. Have you seen the tags on his threads? No wonder this thread was create. People are a bit overboard with what they feel about him. he and I disagree a lot but that's no reason to say quite what people do. I insult him plenty, but at least I try to keep it largely non-personal! Honest!

Dude you and I both know what I had a problem with. It wasn't how many people thought Matt Moore was terrible this season.

It was because so many people labeled Matt Moore as terrible, overall, as an NFL starting QB, ignoring everything else about him. It was because they used the first 2 games of this year to back up their arguments while pretending history didn't exist.

And that thread brought out his past accomplishments into light. Nothing wrong with thinking Matt Moore was terrible this year but there was something VERY wrong with the way everyone was saying Matt Moore is simply a terrible quarterback overall.

Now if you don't agree that posting a history of official start stats that shows his performance in the past to prove he's peformed well with the team as recent as less than a year ago and doesn't deserve the label "terrible QB overall", doesn't do anything, then.....whatever.

I believe and continue to believe otherwise. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.