#16 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

(Waits for the memo to Lafell)

I mean, 2 threats ahead of him, he should be owning that #3 spot for a couple weeks at least. Wait... 3 WRs on the field at once, who the fug am I kidding...

#17 Newtcase

Newtcase

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

As long as he continues to run his routes as sharply as he did Sunday then the only question is will we continue to get QB play good enough to deliver the ball on target and on time. Dude was breaking ankles with his routes, especially the second TD.

#18 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

Coaches feel that David Carr is a threat?

#19 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

You may want to look up and see what negativity means

Why, did you spray-paint something on my roof?

#20 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Why, did you spray-paint something on my roof?

Is it hard to see your roof through your ceiling?

#21 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

The good news is that as long as we keep him lined up to Smitty's side with Smitty in the slot in a 3 wide set, they will have to decide who to double, one or the other but not both. He will still get single coverage and his skills are speed and size which still gives corners and safeties trouble. The best bet they have is jam him off the line but once he gets up to speed he can run right by folks.

I have to admit, that was a nice little wrinkle we threw in there. I don't want to give Davidson any credit for anything remotely intelligent because I don't think he's capable of such thought, but it must've been by design. I know teams said when Jake was here that if we sent Smitty in motion and he ended up at the slot when we snapped it that the throw was going to him...

What I liked about what you mentioned is that Smitty was already set at the slot before the snap most plays I remember in the 3 WR sets. It definitely leaves HUGE gaps in zone coverages to have both of them on the same side of the field.

He is the best route runner I have seen on this team in a long time. The little head fakes, extra steps, and all the other little intricacies of body language make all the difference

Kudos to Tyke Tolbert.

Kudos for the O-line and backs for giving enough time to for the routes to develop.

Isn't it funny? From what I remember, all the local reporters wrote him off and said he looked terrible in TC. I actually remember a blurb on him being a bad route runner... lol. "LET'S GO TO THE TAPE!"

Meanwhile, I was telling everyone I had a good feeling about him and to watch out for him to make the roster and possibly play up to the #2 spot... Well, will you look at him now?

Also, a few of the guys from here that went to camp also said they didn't know why the local media were ragging on him b/c they saw some impressive plays out of him.

I'm really happy for him and hope to see much more of the same.

Edited by Proudiddy, 26 October 2010 - 09:56 AM.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

As long as he continues to run his routes as sharply as he did Sunday then the only question is will we continue to get QB play good enough to deliver the ball on target and on time. Dude was breaking ankles with his routes, especially the second TD.

this I think our problem hasn't been our receivers as much as our qb play

pssssst.....devin thomas/david clowney now is your chance to step up and prove yourselves

#23 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Yup, he's going to get allot more attention and if there is a hole in his game they will find it.

Here's the good news: speed kills.

that's what they told ted ginn jr....

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

that's what they told ted ginn jr....

And John Belushi's family.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

smitty in the slot is exactly where he wanted to be this year, isn't it? hopefully we have someone that can make that happen now.

one thing i know, we need to be doing a lot more 3 and 4 wide sets. they worked a lot on that in the offseason, only problem this team is really hesitant to try new things. they were working for several years on 2 TE sets before they ever got around to implementing them in real games. of course that was way back when fox actually had a future here and he wasn't going to have to struggle to find a new job the following year.

#26 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

I said this last night. He had an awesome game but no one owned any film on him. This is where you make the move to be a Colston or a Colbert

LOL, Colston has been tearing up the league for 4.5 years now. Let's see a season and a half of great football put together and we'll ck back on his status in the league.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

did anyone hear brett jensen's interview with him?

Bret talked about how calm he was. Apparently Gettis just shrugged and said "It's not like we won the super bowl" and wouldn't stop talking about that dropped TD pass.

#28 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

The guy has the right attitude, almost better than DJ. Almost!!

#29 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

I was very impressed with the way he ran his routes and how he set guys up...he played like a veteran. Lafell impressed me too...it's like the light came on at the same time for these guys, even though lafell's was much dimmer before this game. Gettis seems like he gets it...he has done nothing but improve since day one.

I think LaFell saw how good Gettis was doing and said "Hey" that could be me. I think we have 2 really good WRs in Gettis and LaFell and a failure in Edwards. Not that he could not become a good WR. Its just that he prob want be worth what we gave up for him. I think Gettis and Hardy make up for that pick though.

#30 gamecocks722@aol.com

gamecocks722@aol.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

The whole WR corp really just seemed to click and get going this week playing off each others energy. Gettis would have a nice grab, then Lafell, and of course smitty here and there. Honestly at this point running a no huddle spread could be very effective with the occasional draw play. Once Moore and the WR get going and gain some momentum, they move the ball quickly and efficiently. They all, TE's included, benefit off of each other and with a horrid run game this season, it will be our best chance to compete and stay in games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.