Photo
- - - - -

Every time I hear the word "hernia" I get chills down my spine.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:26 AM

This could be considered a bit off-topic I suppose, but the only reason I mention it is because I hear it so much when it comes to NFL injuries.

With so many players getting injured all the time, and the recent topic on injury fines, I'm curious to know if anyone else feels that way. Now Pacman Jones has one. I've never had one, knock on wood, but that sounds freaking painful.

The breaking of things doesn't bother me so much, even concussions don't phase me. But hernias......makes me shiver every time.

I would say the order of cringe for me goes kind of like this:

1.Hernias.
2.Broken collar bones.
3.Torn ACL.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 27 October 2010 - 02:29 AM.

#2 Any_Given_Sunday

Any_Given_Sunday

CH.com: We Know Drama

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:39 AM

4. 8mm Kidney Stone that hasn't passed. Had it for 4 weeks now. Believe me....it brung me to my knees in sweat when it first hit me. Thought I was dying and wanted to die. Thank god for IV Morphine :(

#3 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

4. 8mm Kidney Stone that hasn't passed. Had it for 4 weeks now. Believe me....it brung me to my knees in sweat when it first hit me. Thought I was dying and wanted to die. Thank god for IV Morphine :(

I was mainly talking about sport-related, specifically NFL-related injuries but OUCH! That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I heard that's no joke either.

I should probably start familiarizing myself more with these things seeing how I'm knocking on the door of the big 3.0.

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

Had hernia surgery a few years ago Actually had two hernias, one on each side. If i were a pro athlete I would take that over a leg or shoulder injury any day. It was painful fo a couple weeks, but no lingering issues.

#5 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:44 AM

This could be considered a bit off-topic I suppose, but the only reason I mention it is because I hear it so much when it comes to NFL injuries.

With so many players getting injured all the time, and the recent topic on injury fines, I'm curious to know if anyone else feels that way. Now Pacman Jones has one. I've never had one, knock on wood, but that sounds freaking painful.

The breaking of things doesn't bother me so much, even concussions don't phase me. But hernias......makes me shiver every time.

I would say the order of cringe for me goes kind of like this:

1.Hernias.
2.Broken collar bones.
3.Torn ACL.

I've had a hernia and a broken collar bone, trust me hope neither happens to you. You have to have surgery to fix a hernia and your left with a scar for the rest of your life, u can't fix a collar bone, you have to let it heal on it's own and you can barely move the shoulder that is on the side of the collar bone. I haven't had a kidney stone yet (knock on wood), but i think that would be the most painful thing to endure.

Edit: I've also had a concussion, it's painful also but not as bad as the other two. It's like a lingering migraine.

Edited by coxc63, 27 October 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#6 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:45 AM

Had hernia surgery a few years ago Actually had two hernias, one on each side. If i were a pro athlete I would take that over a leg or shoulder injury any day. It was painful fo a couple weeks, but no lingering issues.

I think for me it's the word more than anything else. Having never had one....just the way it sounds when you pronounce it....it literally SOUNDS painful.

Heeeerrrrrniiiia.

#7 Any_Given_Sunday

Any_Given_Sunday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:48 AM

I was mainly talking about sport-related, specifically NFL-related injuries but OUCH! That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I heard that's no joke either.

I should probably start familiarizing myself more with these things seeing how I'm knocking on the door of the big 3.0.

True. Sorry. Just the most painful thing i've ever had to go through. I've broken my nose twice and my wrist once. Had a concussion playing football and got knocked out with a baseball. lol. By far, the kidney stone is the worst. I'm 28 and have been dealing with them for about 3 years off and on now. I wouldn't wish these bastards on my worst enemy......well unless my worst enemy was a Dallas Cowboy. :P

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:51 AM

I've had a hernia and a broken collar bone, trust me hope neither happens to you. You have to have surgery to fix a hernia and your left with a scar for the rest of your life, u can't fix a collar bone, you have to let it heal on it's own and you can barely move the shoulder that is on the side of the collar bone. I haven't had a kidney stone yet (knock on wood), but i think that would be the most painful thing to endure.

Edit: I've also had a concussion, it's painful also but not as bad as the other two. It's like a lingering migraine.

They fixed my hernias through a small incension on my naval. Recovery was more painful because they blow you up like a balloon and some the gas gets trapped and hurts, but no visible scar.

#9 Any_Given_Sunday

Any_Given_Sunday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

I think for me it's the word more than anything else. Having never had one....just the way it sounds when you pronounce it....it literally SOUNDS painful.

Heeeerrrrrniiiia.

lol. Agreed. I've always been nervous when the doc wants to check for a "Hernia".

Almost as bad as "Chlamydia". Sure, you can get rid of it in 7 days with a lil blue capsule taken twice daily (Doxycycline 100mg).....but damn that sounds nasty.

#10 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

True. Sorry. Just the most painful thing i've ever had to go through. I've broken my nose twice and my wrist once. Had a concussion playing football and got knocked out with a baseball. lol. By far, the kidney stone is the worst. I'm 28 and have been dealing with them for about 3 years off and on now. I wouldn't wish these bastards on my worst enemy......well unless my worst enemy was a Dallas Cowboy. :P

Baseball bat huh? LOL.

And I hear ya on the Cowboys:D, speaking of which, I couldn't help cringing when I saw Romo's play that got him his collar bone broken.

According to the defender, he let out a squeal. Lol and ouch. In all honesty I'm glad it didn't end up too serious.

That is ONE benefit of being a young team though. A young athletes body is more resilient to hits. Thankfully so far this year we have been pretty fortunate on that side.

#11 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

They fixed my hernias through a small incension on my naval. Recovery was more painful because they blow you up like a balloon and some the gas gets trapped and hurts, but no visible scar.

Well I had mine when i was about 7, I have a 5 inch scar where they cut me open. So I'm stuck with it.

#12 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

Torn shoulder muscles look the fuging worst.. I was fortunate enough to never have any serious injuries throughout my years playing sports, but my dad wasn't as fortunate. He had reconstructive surgeries in both knees from football but said when he had shoulder surgery to fix a tear it was the worst. Now, i'm sure age has to do with it because he was 50 at the time of the shoulder surgery, which was around a year ago but they don't look fun. And it especially blew for him because he re-injured it 4 months later and had to re-do the thing over again! ouch

#13 SmokeScreen

SmokeScreen

SHAKA NINJAs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

i recently had a gall bladder attack and man that was some severe pain. At, the time I didn't know it, but I sat in the ER for 4 hrs in pain. now they want $600 for blood tests that i haven't even seen yet!

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

Yes, your guts busting through your abdominal wall into your testicles is an unpleasant thought.

Edited by CatMan72, 27 October 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,829 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

1.Hernias.
2.Broken collar bones.
3.Torn ACL.

i motion the huddle collectively lets you experience all of these if you keep making sucky motovational threads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com