Photo
- - - - -

Seriously, Trgovac contract extension?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

I don't care if it's been already posted, you've got to be kidding me.

If there was ever a need for a suicide emoticon......

:suicide:

The Panthers are expected to retain defensive coordinator Mike Trgovac.
Trgovac has reportedly been offered an extension and is expected to sign it shortly. Carolina's whole defensive staff save LBs coach Ken Flajole is slated to return next season. The Panthers finished 18th in total defense in 2008.

#2 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

What a joke...I hate our organization sometimes. We don't even finish in the top 1/2 of the league and our DC gets an extension. For a team that is supposed to be built on defense that is BS. We had no serious injuries until the playoffs and we did nothing with a lot of talent after the bye week.

#3 Sempay24

Sempay24

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Im freaking out as we speak, thank you for sharing this I just found out and im very disapointed, Turd better change his game plan or........ else i guess

#4 Camel

Camel

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

At least we're not Detroit. (that's what I'll keep telling myself)

#5 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

Fail

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Well the thing that pisses me off the most is that its like we are just willing to "stick it out" another year with him. According to reports nobody is getting more than a 1 year extension so if he sucks next year then what?? We fire him a year too late?? I hate just sitting here and wasting time when there are good coaches out there to be had. Add one more to the list in Ron Meeks who was presumably forced to resign today.

#7 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

What a joke...I hate our organization sometimes. We don't even finish in the top 1/2 of the league and our DC gets an extension. For a team that is supposed to be built on defense that is BS. We had no serious injuries until the playoffs and we did nothing with a lot of talent after the bye week.

well, our two starting DTs were both out for part of or all of the last two games....

I'm looking for positives OK?:(

#8 ant2125

ant2125

Live the life you dig

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Well the thing that pisses me off the most is that its like we are just willing to "stick it out" another year with him. According to reports nobody is getting more than a 1 year extension so if he sucks next year then what?? We fire him a year too late?? I hate just sitting here and wasting time when there are good coaches out there to be had. Add one more to the list in Ron Meeks who was presumably forced to resign today.

:iagree:

#9 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Anyone got four PSLs together, cheap? I'll line up to buy them.

#10 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

How much more evidence do you need that Fox is calling the shots for that D?

#11 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

fox runs the defense, so I don't care.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

This year we were 18th, in 07 we were 16th, in 06 we were 7th, in 05 we were 3rd, in 04 we were 20th...So he had two good years under Turdovac and we are going to lose a centerpiece to our D....its just not working anymore I want a consistent top 10 defense with the players we have on this team.

Pep - 1st rounder
Beason - 1st rounder
Gamble - 1st rounder
Lewis - 1st rounder
Davis - 1st rounder
Godfrey - 3rd rounder
Marshall - 2nd rounder

He had Jenkins who was a 2nd rounder as well and did nothing with him. It is the unit we have invested in the most and we see no consistent results.

#13 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

I heard that last year was when Fox took over the defensive playcalling from Turdo and that Turdo is pretty much a hood ornament.

Either way, this is disappointing. We need change. They are literally sucking the life out of the fan base, including me. It's really draining. We're losing a "face of the franchise" type player, we got blown out in a home playoff game to end the season, our defense was horrible, we still could plug some holes on the offense and that's not even including the possibility of losing an "All-Pro" tackle... Then they come out with this...

I will always love this team, franchise, and organization. They always have been and always will be MY TEAM. I'm not saying I will, but it almost feels like it will be easier to not even watch what happens this coming season. I'm really deflated. I guess it would be like watching a family member with a drug or alcohol problem, you have all the answers but you just can't stop them from doing what they do.

#14 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

This year we were 18th, in 07 we were 16th, in 06 we were 7th, in 05 we were 3rd, in 04 we were 20th...So he had two good years under Turdovac and we are going to lose a centerpiece to our D....its just not working anymore I want a consistent top 10 defense with the players we have on this team.

Pep - 1st rounder
Beason - 1st rounder
Gamble - 1st rounder
Lewis - 1st rounder
Davis - 1st rounder
Godfrey - 3rd rounder
Marshall - 2nd rounder

He had Jenkins who was a 2nd rounder as well and did nothing with him. It is the unit we have invested in the most and we see no consistent results.

What are you talking about, it is TOTALLY unrealistic to expect your defense to play well when you spend as many early round picks on defense as we have.

Plus you left out Witherspoon(3rd), and Ricky Manning(3rd).

#15 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad . . . nothing's set (as of this writing). And if Turd stays, it's not the end of the world. We still went 12-4 when all the "experts" had us finishing 9-7 or 10-6 (even when we were 8-3). And if Fox/Turd fail, then y'all get the glorious change you've been cheering for.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com