Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously, Trgovac contract extension?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard that last year was when Fox took over the defensive playcalling from Turdo and that Turdo is pretty much a hood ornament.

Either way, this is disappointing. We need change. They are literally sucking the life out of the fan base, including me. It's really draining. We're losing a "face of the franchise" type player, we got blown out in a home playoff game to end the season, our defense was horrible, we still could plug some holes on the offense and that's not even including the possibility of losing an "All-Pro" tackle... Then they come out with this...

I will always love this team, franchise, and organization. They always have been and always will be MY TEAM. I'm not saying I will, but it almost feels like it will be easier to not even watch what happens this coming season. I'm really deflated. I guess it would be like watching a family member with a drug or alcohol problem, you have all the answers but you just can't stop them from doing what they do.

Posted

This year we were 18th, in 07 we were 16th, in 06 we were 7th, in 05 we were 3rd, in 04 we were 20th...So he had two good years under Turdovac and we are going to lose a centerpiece to our D....its just not working anymore I want a consistent top 10 defense with the players we have on this team.

Pep - 1st rounder

Beason - 1st rounder

Gamble - 1st rounder

Lewis - 1st rounder

Davis - 1st rounder

Godfrey - 3rd rounder

Marshall - 2nd rounder

He had Jenkins who was a 2nd rounder as well and did nothing with him. It is the unit we have invested in the most and we see no consistent results.

What are you talking about, it is TOTALLY unrealistic to expect your defense to play well when you spend as many early round picks on defense as we have.

Plus you left out Witherspoon(3rd), and Ricky Manning(3rd).

Posted

Don't get your panties in a wad . . . nothing's set (as of this writing). And if Turd stays, it's not the end of the world. We still went 12-4 when all the "experts" had us finishing 9-7 or 10-6 (even when we were 8-3). And if Fox/Turd fail, then y'all get the glorious change you've been cheering for.

Posted

If there was ever a need for a suicide emoticon......

I couldn't find a good one to fit your request, but maybe you feel like this...

Kill.gif

Posted

This year we were 18th, in 07 we were 16th, in 06 we were 7th, in 05 we were 3rd, in 04 we were 20th...So he had two good years under Turdovac and we are going to lose a centerpiece to our D....its just not working anymore I want a consistent top 10 defense with the players we have on this team.

Pep - 1st rounder

Beason - 1st rounder

Gamble - 1st rounder

Lewis - 1st rounder

Davis - 1st rounder

Godfrey - 3rd rounder

Marshall - 2nd rounder

He had Jenkins who was a 2nd rounder as well and did nothing with him. It is the unit we have invested in the most and we see no consistent results.

Jenkins-2nd rounder

Lucas-top FA CB ('05)

Minter-2nd rounder

Rucker-Early 2nd rounder

Deon Grant-2nd rounder

Brentson Buckner-2nd rounder

the list goes on, and so does the disappointment.

Posted

the list goes on, and so does the disappointment.

Sad

the disappointment part.

It tells me that some are more focused on total yards allowed or rushing/passing yards allowed rather than the only thing that really matters, "W"s. What is it Fox says about stats?

Posted

http://carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=1009

Defensive coordinator Mike Trgovac said Tuesday he plans to re-sign with the Carolina Panthers for another season.

He's expected to do so within the next few days.

“I’m excited,” said Trgovac, during a short breaking from scouting at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

Posted

fug Fox, fug Hurney, and fug Richardson.

Posted

Wasn't the Samual Jackson character promising us all that Trgocrap would not come back?

Posted

Wasn't the Samual Jackson character promising us all that Trgocrap would not come back?

You mean somebody lied on a message board? For shame!!

Posted

I'm not surprised. I said they needed to show all the coaches the door and what do we get more freakin Turdo and Fox ball. MF'er!

Posted

Either way, this is disappointing. We need change. They are literally sucking the life out of the fan base, including me. It's really draining.

I hear what you're saying, but you have to realize that this board (for the most part, mind you) is full of people who care enough to go out seeking conversation, give opinions, talk smack...whatever. We're basically the small percentage who care about the inter-workings of the team and its success. We're the angry mob, but I feel our mob is more like a club.

90% of people at Panther games probably don't know who Mike Trgovac is. Sucks for us...but sometimes ignorance is bliss.