Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Rio ran more Zone than Turgovac.

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not intending to throw the blame on the players and completely off the coaches.

Indeed if one thing doesn't work, CHANGE IT.

if we don't have the players that can handle the scheme, find one that they can handle and then get their butts replaced with ones that can handle it.

if the line doesn't have the intelligence or talent, that's one thing. if they don't have the ability to apply the constant pressure that is another.

who do we have that is staying who can apply constant pressure?

i think kemo can in his own way. he can tie up a couple blockers easily and from what i remember he did that consistently. do you think the rest of the guys not named peppers could do it? if not who could?

Posted

Our d-line coach back then was Turgovac.

And he had both Del Rio and Fox over him. He didn't run the show, they did. Just like now, Fox approves anything he comes up with. It all boils down to Fox letting this team do what it does. It doesn't matter who comes UP with the bad idea...Fox ultimately let's it fly or tries to fix it himself.

If our talent on our D line is so bad, who has the responsibility of recognizing that and altering the game plan?

Fox.

Posted

And he had both Del Rio and Fox over him. He didn't run the show, they did. Just like now, Fox approves anything he comes up with. It all boils down to Fox letting this team do what it does. It doesn't matter who comes UP with the bad idea...Fox ultimately let's it fly or tries to fix it himself.

You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

Thanks for coming out and saying what you really feel, even though it had nothing to do with what I said.

Posted

This last year, we had the worst d-line, talent wise, since John Fox has been our head coach.

Our talent was less across our starting line, and it was even less in our backups.

Most of us predicted it would affect our defense. I guess the majority of us chose to forget that when we were ranked 3rd in points allowed earlier this season.

It did eventually come back to bite us..especially when we lost our two DT's.

As a whole, I don't think our d-line has been as well coached, as they were when Turgovac was coaching the d-line(are we even spelling his name right? or do we even care to spell it right anymore? :lol:).

Not only do we need to get more talent on the d-line, but we need a solid coach, to push them to be their best.

Posted

This last year, we had the worst d-line, talent wise, since John Fox has been our head coach.

Our talent was less across our starting line, and it was even less in our backups.

Most of us predicted it would affect our defense. I guess the majority of us chose to forget that when we were ranked 3rd in points allowed earlier this season.

It did eventually come back to bite us..especially when we lost our two DT's.

Yep the lack of depth led to a lack of good rotation, which led to our downfall.

Posted

Al Wallace, even though he's fallen off the face of the earth, was the best depth player we had on defense.

Posted

I think our problem wasnt necessarily the scheme but who we played the scheme against. It seems that we couldnt make adjustments and played the scheme on everybody even though some had mammoth recievers such as Larry fitzgerald.. it seems that our adjustments come too late in the game and eventhough we didnt get any pressure from our d line we still stick to whats not working for that particular day and adjust when its too late.. furthermore our coaching staff was to blame for not putting in the right guys for the job..it seemed that the people who were just going with the motions or the people who kept making mistakes stayed in the game far too long and the opposing offense just kept playing to our weaknesses...I hope to God that we can find better talent and better coaching in the areas that we need and coach the talent accordingly...I dont know whats going to happen next season but I am just so pissed that we cant change the philosophy of putting in guys that can do the job and taking out guys who werent up to it...

And thats my rant for the day

Posted

i agree that the problem is the talent on our line now vs. then.

which is why it's pretty infuriating that we're trading/traded 2 of the best d-linemen we've ever had because they don't want to play for fox.

Posted

jenks just didn't like being in charlotte.

he didn't like anything. the guy was a boil on the butt of the team.

i don't miss him. he can/will be replaced.

peppers will be replaced by someone who is less of a physical freak and weirdo who will apply consistent pressure being an overall better DE for the team.

Posted

i think improving the dline should deff be the number one priority this offseason but almost just as important should be replacing ken lucas. ive always liked lucas but i think its time to replace him. if u think about it nearly every big play we gave up this season was because he got burned plus two

realy good corners instead of one would give that dline alot more time to make plays

Posted

So Trgo shouldn't get any blame for running a zone with a team that can't run a zone? He should go blameless because the coach before him used a scheme that effectively utilized his players talents, which just happened to be a zone?

Unless we have the same exact defense now that Del Rio had, then I don't see how you have a point.

Posted

You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

Thanks for coming out and saying what you really feel, even though it had nothing to do with what I said.

No problem. I'll be glad to do it again and again.