Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Reverend Joseph Lowery ...

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Said this to end his benediction at the inauguration...

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to give back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h4SrWpZNd-yocKSO7_9FO51iLJowD95R4RTG0

Obama seemed to me to be pretty inclusive of who he had speak at the inauguration, and overall I've been impressed with how he's handled himself so far. I did not vote for him, but I'm willing to give him a fair shake and see what happens.

I just think it was a very divisive way to end what was an otherwise decent (ableit kinda bland) benediction...

Posted · Report post

I didn't really dig it.

But Meh.

Posted · Report post

He had to give something for Fox News to complain about other than how much the inauguration cost....

Posted · Report post

Listen more closely, my friends....

"when white...will embrace what is RIGHT...."

Hear hear!

Posted · Report post

When the green doesn't have to be clean. When the blue doesn't have to eat poo. When the orange....When the orange.... poo, I bet he could find a word.

Posted · Report post

Sounded like Rev Wright rhetoric to me. I wasn't suprised.

Posted · Report post

Listen more closely, my friends....

"when white...will embrace what is RIGHT...."

Hear hear!

So what you're saying is that this guy is a closet conservative and wants all white people to be too?

Posted · Report post

So what you're saying is that this guy is a closet conservative and wants all white people to be too?

No, what I'm saying is that that girl in your avatar needs to stick em up.

Posted · Report post

I would be glad to have her do that but then I would get the bant stick and I want to hang around...

Posted · Report post

Um I used to attend his church......he has said this same line since the damn 60s.......and damn why cant them damn yellow folk remain mellow??!??!!? racist bastard!!! some of yall need to stop reaching and start loving

Posted · Report post

Um I used to attend his church......he has said this same line since the damn 60s.......and damn why cant them damn yellow folk remain mellow??!??!!? racist bastard!!! some of yall need to stop reaching and start loving

I like Mellow Yellow... and I don't care about red man getting head man... but white getting right?

Nice avatar BTW...

Posted · Report post

Well, Can I send my love instead of paying taxes?