#76 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

Smith's worst year was when our QB's consisted of David Carr, Vinny Testaverde and rookie Matt Moore. Hardly evidence for Jake Delhomme's amazing prowess at the QB position.

What? Smith's worst year was the year without Jake, and that proves Jake didn't help out Smith's numbers?

I don't think I follow this logic.

#77 ggasu

ggasu

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

Smith is 5-10 and has lost a couple steps....T.O. has lost a couple steps as well, but is bigger than the defenders. Steve Smith is done...2 years after the 2010 season tops, and nothing close to the average career stats in those two years

Edited by ggasu, 31 October 2010 - 11:41 PM.

#78 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

What? Smith's worst year was the year without Jake, and that proves Jake didn't help out Smith's numbers?

I don't think I follow this logic.

He was arguing that Jake made Smith better and gave Smith's bad season as evidence for it. The logic being that Smith didn't do well because Jake wasn't the one throwing him the ball. In reality, he didn't do well because the guys throwing him the ball were awful, not because they weren't Jake. If we had a QB on the roster that year that didn't suck dick, Smith's production would have been fine.

#79 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

I think this thread after two bad games on Smith's part is a little premature. He looked fine in the first couple games of the season. He was tearing it up at the end of last season. If he comes out and lights it up next week I don't think all you guys will still be calling to get rid of him.

#80 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

I think this thread after two bad games on Smith's part is a little premature. He looked fine in the first couple games of the season. He was tearing it up at the end of last season. If he comes out and lights it up next week I don't think all you guys will still be calling to get rid of him.

I'd like to say you're right, but I think I have to stand by the assumption that he doesn't fit in with the team as it is constructed now. It's detrimental to both him and the team.

I really want him to retire as a Panther, but unless we get a surefire star at QB or WR in the draft, I don't think anything is going to change.

And I've thought all through this season that he hasn't looked the same, even with the TD catches. His trademark is YA catch and YA contact... He's not getting those anymore. He did look like the old Smitty at the end of last year, but could just be the combination of injuries and age now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com