Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppers to Cleveland?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Fixed.

Get a little more experience reading the damn article like everyone else did. Seems most everyone else knew the deal.

Nice retort. Well played.

Posted

Derek Anderson and the 5th overall pick would make me very happy.

But not if we used that pick for Malcolm Jenkins. Then I would be pissed.

Too bad this year is weak on DEs...

Posted

IMO, Peppers will go to any team even the Lions and Raiders if they offer the right deal and the coach/GM will build the team around him. I have not seen any quote from Peppers that says he wants to go to a contenter or he wants to go to another team so he can win a championship. As of now, all we know from Peppers is he wants to go to a team where he can "have the oppurtunity to become an elite player." It would be possible that Peppers sees the Man-geniuess as the coach to make him "elite."

Posted

How about Peppers to Philly for both of their late first round picks? I know they run the 43 but Jim Johnson is a great DC and could allow Pep to "excel" they way Pep thinks he should. Just a thought.....

Posted

Trade for Anderson and the #5 pick, then draft Micheal Crabtree.....that would equal the most unstoppable offense in the NFL.

Posted

not a 5th rounder-the number 5 pick overall in teh 1st round

Oh I missed that. Thanks.

Posted

By the way, everyone knows that Derek Anderson sucks right? I doubt he would make our roster.

Posted

Trade for Anderson and the #5 pick, then draft Micheal Crabtree.....that would equal the most unstoppable offense in the NFL.

Jake is quite capable of stopping our offense all by himself.(but i would love that pick)

Posted

Fixed.

Get a little more experience reading the damn article like everyone else did. Seems most everyone else knew the deal.

You do realize a 5th rounder and the 5th overall pick are two different stories. Plus Peppers will have some say in this. We already know it is not about the money considering John Fox did offer a huge offer, that would make him the highest Defensive End in the league. Also Peppers said he wants to move on so he can reach his full potential. So he will not go to a bad or mediocre team if he wants to reach is full potential.

I believe Peppers will be looking at these teams:

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Baltimore

Miami

New England

San Diego

New York Jets- He may want to join Jenkins

Denver

Greenbay

But go ahead and scratch Cleveland off that list. They are not in the running.

Posted

Also if somehow Peppers does end up in Cleveland for Derek Anderson it will be Jeff Davidson's and Rip Sherer's doings.

Posted

no way should we get a WR in the draft....especially with the #5. that would be a MONUMENTALLY bad idea. anyway, crabtree won't last that long.

DEFENSE!

Posted

Okay, are you people just HUGE Pep homers, or do you think the Browns are stupid? There's no way they give up the #5 overall pick AND a player for Peppers. That high of a pick would more than likely be the only thing being traded (maybe a 4th or 5th round if anything else was involved). But the #5 overall and Anderson (or Winslow Jr. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa)? You're dreaming.