#2 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

He's a hall of famer if you compare him to other 2nd baseman to play the game. He had some great seasons, 6 100+ rbi seasons in a row at one point and he had longevity. What more do you want out of a second baseman? Not to mention he did this in the steroid era without using steroids (so we think at least lol).

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, HOF.

#4 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Interesting footnote to Kent...

I remember watching an interview with him many years ago and he was talking about how he wasn't even a fan of the game of baseball. Said he has never watched a game and couldn't really tell you any of the people in the league other than those on his team ......said baseball was just a job to him and never really interested him. Nothing wrong with that at all and he did his "job" well. Glad to see him leave on his own terms and he didn't get pushed out.

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

Interesting footnote to Kent...

I remember watching an interview with him many years ago and he was talking about how he wasn't even a fan of the game of baseball. Said he has never watched a game and couldn't really tell you any of the people in the league other than those on his team ......said baseball was just a job to him and never really interested him. Nothing wrong with that at all and he did his "job" well. Glad to see him leave on his own terms and he didn't get pushed out.

Yet, he became a clubhouse problem apparently last year for the Dodgers when he felt the younger players weren't playing and preparing for the game "his way".
Once Manny Ramirez came onboard and about the same time Kent went on the DL the dodger clubhouse was a much happier, looser place and the Dodgers started winning big time.
Strange guy. But more homers than Sandberg, an MVP and multi All Star appearances, definate HOF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.