Photo
- - - - -

How would you fix baseball?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

I agree with the folks saying leave the game itself alone. I'm not a huge fan of the game but I get what they are saying.

Cut the season. Get the World Series back in early October.
Salary cap & Salary floor.

#26 c0r

c0r

First 9

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Add two more wild cards.

this. (1 per league so 5 teams make the playoffs)

Give managers 2 challenges for bad calls. (I've come around to new-fangled thinkin)

the challenge system is dumb. even in the NFL i dont like it. if the call is wrong, it should be corrected, end of story.

#27 c0r

c0r

First 9

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

add a innings clock. Have it 10 minute period per batting 20 per inning no stopping of the clock is allowed. After 10 minutes or 3 outs that part of the the inning is over no matter what.

lol

#28 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

1) Just get rid of the designated hitter. Make those AL pitchers stand at the plate.

2) No more than two pitchers can be on the mound in the same inning (exception can be made for injury). I understand the strategy of matching pitchers to hitters weaknesses but the five plus minutes between each pitcher change is annoying to the fans.

#29 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

A lot of talk about adding a salary cap, but really I think adding a salary floor would be the better move. Make teams like the Pirates, Padres, etc spend the money they have. As it stands now, the Pirates are pretty much a farm team for the entire league; any stars they have end up getting traded for a bunch of up and coming prospects, who will eventually be traded too. It's going to keep going on until they are forced to spend money.

A cap could definitely be good, as sometimes teams have no control of whether a player wants to stay or leave, and a winning team like the Yankees essentially handing them a blank check certainly doesn't help.

Also maybe start the season the day after the Super Bowl :D

#30 TheMostInterestingMan

TheMostInterestingMan

Stay Thirsty My Friends

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

Easy, just bring a team to NC ;)