Photo
- - - - -

Hello?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 replive

replive

It's a process

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

My rules are simple: good owner and management that cares about winning, relative proximity to Charlottesville VA (where I currently live), but no long history of success and no Super Bowl wins. I'm not a frontrunner. I also need a good fanbase that will welcome a newcomer.

ahrmmhrmm

#32 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

Welcome.

#33 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

welcome aboard mate.

however, there are a few things you may need to know.

we probably have some of the worst fans in the NFL, and we can only accept you if you know how to truly be a fan. This means that if you head to games, do not be screaming when the offense has the ball, and start screaming when the defense is on the field. we literally have no home field advantage because are fans do not realize this....

they really just need to have a public service announcement on how to cheer at games to help people out. it's pretty pathetic

#34 coxc63

coxc63

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

I'm not sure how long you've been following the huddle, but as a new fan you have to grab your pitchforks and torches and march to New Orleans with the die hard panthers fans to slaughter every saint fan for what they did to the Mills statue. It can be your initiation. If you can accomplish this before the saints suck again and all their bandwagon fans fall of the.wagon and leave no one to slaughter, then welcome aboard this ship.

#35 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

New fan + 1st post = Championship

#36 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

Literally Can't Even

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

I mean... if you really want to... I guess...

I hope your fan karma brings with you the first overall pick of andrew luck and the savior of our franchise.

#37 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

I love football too much to abandon the NFL and wait out this latest roster rot Mike Brown invited onto the Bengals. Pacman Jones. Terrell Owens. Ochostinko. Timid Carson Palmer and his noodle arm. Et cetera. And once these players cycle through, we'll just be on to the next batch of scumbags and bad draft picks. Twenty freaking years is a pattern, and it's long enough to stay in an abusive relationship. I've seen all I need to see.

Um... have you seen our roster? We're starting Jimmy Clausen. His arm makes Palmer look like He-Man on steroids. The Bengals lose despite talent. The Panthers' only talent is losing.

My question to you guys is simple: Will you have me? Can I join your community here? Will you teach me the ways of being a Panthers fan?

That's easy. After every game, just say Fire Fox, Start Weinke. You'll fit right in.

#38 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

Welcome aboard. Get ready to jump ship again soon.

just sayin'...

#39 StompLord

StompLord

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

Thanks guys... I think.

Look, I know by jumping ship on one team already, my long-term loyalty will always be questioned. I brought that upon myself, but I literally just could not take the complete absence of hope with that franchise. You don't know how bad it is unless you spend TWO DECADES being beaten down by it.

I've always sort of followed the Panthers, pulled for them all along. This is just me taking the next step and making it official.

I hate DC and Baltimore, so the Redskins and Ravens were never on the table for my team switch.

And yes, I know the Panthers are terrible right now. Probably the worst team in the league at this exact moment. But JR is doing the smart thing right now, given the composition of the roster and the looming labor disagreement. You take some lumps in the short term in order to build a stronger foundation for the long haul.

The QB situation needs to get worked out (Clausen definitely isn't the answer, Pike probably isn't either), but I honestly think the Bills will win a game or two and the Cowboys will win again also. Andrew Luck would be this this year's version of Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco --- ready to step right in and elevate the offense. It would be awesome to get him.

And yeah, Wesley Walls, Sam Mills, and Steve Smith. All on the Carolina Panthers version of Mount Rushmore.

#40 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

Yeah...anyone got a cliff notes version?

dudes a masochist looking for some place to get some more pain

#41 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

Welcome aboard, good post.

#42 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

Welcome, now here is your initiation challenge. Take yourself to a Panthers home game this season, tickets are easy to come by. I think there are three home games left - Ravens, Falcons, Cardinals - all birds, btw.

Then, once the game starts, stand and cheer for the Panthers for the whole game, and when they screw up, yell out words like F*CK and SH*T really loud.

#43 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Welcome, now here is your initiation challenge. Take yourself to a Panthers home game this season, tickets are easy to come by. I think there are three home games left - Ravens, Falcons, Cardinals - all birds, btw.

Then, once the game starts, stand and cheer for the Panthers for the whole game, and when they screw up, yell out words like F*CK and SH*T really loud.

:iagree: Yeah, and wear your Bengals colors. Cats need to stick together. J/K :lol:

Welcome aboard.

#44 CarolinaBlue34

CarolinaBlue34

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

nom nom nom

#45 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER