Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

If we would have traded D-Will to Detriot for the number one pick

55 posts in this topic

Please give me Steve Smiths statistics from last game. If I recall it was 1 catch for 9 yards? If I'm a DC I'm doubling him and stacking 8-9 in the box to blitz the QB/stop the run. That's how you beat Carolina in a nut shell.

Playing any defense with any strategy, including playing 11 men deep will beat Carolina.

PLUS if you didnt put a defense out on the field at all, the Panthers would surely find a way to fumble or get a safety against them OR drop passes.

Please give me Steve Smiths statistics from last game. If I recall it was 1 catch for 9 yards? If I'm a DC I'm doubling him and stacking 8-9 in the box to blitz the QB/stop the run. That's how you beat Carolina in a nut shell.

So you double Smith (2 Players) then put 8-9 guys in the box? That totals 10-11 players.

That leaves our other receiver with either single coverage and no safety over the top or literally no one covering him.

You sir would be a bad DC.

(I'm still trying to figure out what Steve's stats from last game tell you/me. I was pointing out you can't say all rookies AND Steve Smith because it makes your statement sound dumb. Usually it's one rookie and SS)

how anyone can single out any one person on this horrid offense is beyond me.

1 person likes this

So you double Smith (2 Players) then put 8-9 guys in the box? That totals 10-11 players.

That leaves our other receiver with either single coverage and no safety over the top or literally no one covering him.

You sir would be a bad DC.

(I'm still trying to figure out what Steve's stats from last game tell you/me. I was pointing out you can't say all rookies AND Steve Smith because it makes your statement sound dumb. Usually it's one rookie and SS)

8-9 in the box means how the defense looks before the snap. After the snap, they don't stand still in the same spot. The linemen still either pressure the QB or stop the O line from blocking the second level. The linebackers still blitz, spy or fall back into coverage. The DBs still cover their zones/receivers.

I don't know why you're saying he'd be a bad DC. Its called disguising the play.

To beat the Panthers with Clausen starting... just show up.

If we would have traded D-Will to Detriot (sic) for the number one pick

Why the hell would Detroit give us #1 for Deangelo Williams? Are you new to Professional American Football?

RB's have a short shelf-life compared to other positions. Detroit landed a dominating pass-rusher, one of the most important positions in the NFL, and generally have a long shelf-life. Williams is a RB on the backside of his career, considering his age/position. If you were the Lions, would you make that deal?

Heck, if we had Jahvid Best, and the Lions had Deangelo Williams, would you trade straight up? (Hint: The answer is no)

Why the hell would Detroit give us #1 for Deangelo Williams? Are you new to Professional American Football?

RB's have a short shelf-life compared to other positions. Detroit landed a dominating pass-rusher, one of the most important positions in the NFL, and generally have a long shelf-life. Williams is a RB on the backside of his career, considering his age/position. If you were the Lions, would you make that deal?

Heck, if we had Jahvid Best, and the Lions had Deangelo Williams, would you trade straight up? (Hint: The answer is no)

Stafford?

1 person likes this

Williams has done as bad as Clausen, yet no one is calling for his head. Maybe... just maybe... the problem is the OL/Coaching? Some people are complete idiots.

Like, you for example...

You should be a pro scout. You can determine how good a rookie QB will be in 3 years in only 3 games? Wow your good. (Sarcasm).

You dont realize that jimmy throws the ball out of bounds 90% of the time and cant get the ball over the line of scrimmage? You think he has any potential at all? damn you suck noob (Sarcasm)

Is this the smack forum or what?

They offered it. Where have you been know it all?

Is this the smack forum or what?

This is the get high have fun and laugh forum. :rofl: