Photo
- - - - -

My theory on why Pierre is starting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

There are really only two possibilities here.

1) Fox is trying to get fired and this is his way of flipping off Jerry Richardson

2) Fox is so thoroughly wrapped up in his love for veteran starting QBs that he'll even take a guy who's played so few games that he's still practice squad eligible at age 31 over a rookie.

Neither of those is a good thing. It's arguable which is worse.

The third possibility is he is trying to do the best he knows how with the crap hand he was dealt. He didn't make the decisions and had to choose between a crappy rookie who has had no reps and a crappy veteran who has at least played 5 preseasons so while he has only thrown 5 passes in the regular season, he has infinitely more experience than Pike or edwards who have little to none.

Not trying to excuse him but seriously I guarantee if he had his way, we would have tons more veterans on this team and we wouldn't be this crappy.

#42 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

Numerous more years? Not really :confused:

He's played in two NFL games his entire career, and didn't start either one. Outside of that, all he's done is bounce on and off of practice squads.

As far as stats, Tony Pike has more career completions (6) than St Pierre has attempts (5).

Playing on several different teams through preseason and on the practice squad for 8 years surely gives you more experience than a rookie who has thrown 6 completed passes in junk time. Exactly how many game reps in the regular season did Delhomme have in the three years prior to starting here??

That would be 10 passes attempted in 2002. 0 in 2001, 0 in 2000.

Game experience is hardly the place you learn to play the game. It is the place you demonstrate what you learned in practice. Yes it is crucial for sure and the speed of practice is no where close to the speed of the game, but there are a number of players who have come out and been effective after years of sitting and then being thrown in there. Cassel and Romo come to mind off the bat.

With that being said I don't expect him to come in and do much at all with this offense. Too many issues.

#43 methodtoll

methodtoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

Still don't understand why they just didn't just re-sign McCown who already knows this team and has some chemistry with Smith

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

Still don't understand why they just didn't just re-sign McCown who already knows this team and has some chemistry with Smith

Or for that matter Cantwell who played here as well. Makes no sense really.

#45 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Numerous more years? Not really :confused:

He's played in two NFL games his entire career, and didn't start either one. Outside of that, all he's done is bounce on and off of practice squads.

As far as stats, Tony Pike has more career completions (6) than St Pierre has attempts (5).

You don't consider seven more years of the NFL as numerous? Yes it hasnt been starting, but regradless I would have to belive he knows and is more prepared at this moment then Pike would.

#46 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

You don't consider seven more years of the NFL as numerous? Yes it hasnt been starting, but regradless I would have to belive he knows and is more prepared at this moment then Pike would.

It isn't just not starting. He hasn't even been on a 53 man roster for a significant part of that. The only game time he's seen has been garbage time.

His experience essentially amounts to eight years of practice, and less than a week of that being with us.

The third possibility is he is trying to do the best he knows how with the crap hand he was dealt. He didn't make the decisions and had to choose between a crappy rookie who has had no reps and a crappy veteran who has at least played 5 preseasons so while he has only thrown 5 passes in the regular season, he has infinitely more experience than Pike or edwards who have little to none.

Not trying to excuse him but seriously I guarantee if he had his way, we would have tons more veterans on this team and we wouldn't be this crappy.

We also wouldn't be nearly as well set-up for the future as we are now.

My two possibilities essentially are that it's bad blood or bad judgment. Which is worse? Debatable.

#47 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

Jerry wants to sell some St. Pierre jerseys...duuhh

I already bought mine! Championship!!