Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumors about Russ Grimm to be Next PANTHERS coach.

115 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know how different or the same he would be to be honest. It depends on who he hires on his staff, and his philosophies on offense and defense, which no one knows.

Posted

grimm would be more of the same that we've had with fox. it would be a bad choice mainly because it would be a "safe" choice. choosing him would show this organization either had no balls or were oblivious to the game changing.

Not so sure about more of the same as Fox but I am tired of 'we want to be like the Steelers' bull. (If you want to emulate them then we as fans should be able to raise hell in the stadium.) What about inventing your own image? I dont want our team to become a salvage yard for ex Steeler coaches....

Posted

LOL, good point - maybe we're Schefter's source.

Let's start a thread about the Panthers being in talks with Oprah as our next HC and see how long it takes Schefty to pick it up?

Man at least start a rumor that she wants to buy the Panthers...she'd leave us all free Ipod touches under the seats at the games

Posted

I guess we will get a new one of these every week for about 6 weeks.

great

Posted

Not so sure about more of the same as Fox but I am tired of 'we want to be like the Steelers' bull. (If you want to emulate them then we as fans should be able to raise hell in the stadium.) What about inventing your own image? I dont want our team to become a salvage yard for ex Steeler coaches....

yea and even the steelers have changed their offensive formula and have become more of a passing team than ever before

it's more like "yea lets be the steelers from the 90s. where's kordell stewart to start for you and not throw for a first down?"

1 person likes this

Posted

yea and even the steelers have changed their offensive formula and have become more of a passing team than ever before

it's more like "yea lets be the steelers from the 90s. where's kordell stewart to start for you and not throw for a first down?"

King Taharqa would disagree

1 person likes this

Posted

lot's of people are blind to this fact. the steelers don't even want to be the old school steelers anymore.

Posted

grimm would be more of the same that we've had with fox. it would be a bad choice mainly because it would be a "safe" choice. choosing him would show this organization either had no balls or were oblivious to the game changing.

How is hiring a guy who has no prior head coaching experience a safe choice? You sure?

You really don't know what the guy would bring to the table as far as his philosophy on offense, ability to evaluate personnel, choice of coordinators, etc....you just know hes not Harbaugh or "exciting", as if being exciting is gonna win us football games lol. People are really just jumping to conclusions based on his appearance and the position he coaches. The worst part is people are even tying to put some sort of stock into a quote he made like 100 years ago when he got drafted as if its a bad sign or has anything to do with being able to coach football lol

1 person likes this

Posted

lot's of people are blind to this fact. the steelers don't even want to be the old school steelers anymore.

yea. they had to draft a franchise qb to win the big game

Posted

"on his appearance?" lol. whatever.

yes, grimm is a safe choice, meaning middle of the road.

and i never said that exciting was going to win games, i said it was more needed for an owner who was trying to energize the fanbase. should that be the only criterion used? nope. not implying that at all. should it be considered, though? absolutely.

he is well known to be an old school football kind of guy and is very much the reason that he has been held back.

he isn't a progressive mind, which is exactly what this team needs if it is going to be seriously competitive/dominant going into the future.

Posted

yea. they had to draft a franchise qb to win the big game

more than that, the decision was forced on cowher.

Posted

we can't even get aspirations right this season, if you aim to be something at least be the freakin Patriots....

1 person likes this