3 replies to this topic

#1 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

In spite of the billions dollar a bail out, US auto prices very likely to be much, much higher.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28846202

#2 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

They can raise new car prices all they want. I've bought used cars under $10,000 my whole life.

#3 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Did you link the right article? That link pointed to an article about letting states set more strict emissions standards and also making vehicles more fuel efficient....something they should have done a long time ago IMO.

Connect the dots.
I agree with you. But it cost the auto makers a lot of money to do this. It must be passed along to the consumer.

The US auto industry would need a major overhaul to ever get me to consider purchasing one of their vehicles. My husband drives one and that's all he's ever driven. His cars have been crap. I've had a Plymouth, a Datsun (before they became Nissan), a Mazda, and now a Honda. I got rid of the Datsun because I had a child and wanted something bigger. I got rid of the Mazda because I had my second child and they had made signficant changes to vans to where I wanted a new one. We donated the Mazda to a charity who in turn gave it to a local family. I saw that van on the road for years after that. I'm in no hurry to get rid of my Honda. Only way I probably would is if they made a hybrid version of it.

I have owned a Dodge Caravan. It blew a head gasket at 13,000 miles. My Chevy Astro's transmission quit at around 13,000. I have been buying rice burners for a long time now with no problems. I have a '99 Camry(made in Kentucky) And a '04 Honda CRV. Probly bought 10 New Toyotas over the last few years. My next car WILL be a Toyota. No way Detriot can compete.

Edited by Speed, 26 January 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#4 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

A prepwned BMW is looking like a better and better option. Come people buy my stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.