Photo
- - - - -

Citigroup buys 50 million dollar jet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

What a sweet ass way to spend our money!!!

This means we can all ride it whenever we want, right?

#2 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

Awesome! I absolutely hate the financial industry right now. Maybe terrorists will hi-jack the plane and fly it into Citigroups building.

#3 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

Jack asses...this after hearing about Thain at Merril Lynch spending over a million dollars....a MILLION DOLLARS...on his freaking office!!! I'd like to beat his ass.

#4 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

I can't believe that we are actually bailing them out.

It's well understood that they need some help, but the poo that they and the Big 3 are, and were pulling is out of control.

#5 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

Awesome! I absolutely hate the financial industry right now. Maybe terrorists will hi-jack the plane and fly it into Citigroups building.

this would get al qaeda elected

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,363 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

Jack asses...this after hearing about Thain at Merril Lynch spending over a million dollars....a MILLION DOLLARS...on his freaking office!!! I'd like to beat his ass.

yeah, and the BILLION he gave in bonuses before BoA finished the buyout... as they were asking for relief.

These guys have us all bent over and asking for more.

#7 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

lol now all the libertarians will bitch that we're violating their rights

The high-flying execs at Citigroup caved under pressure from President Obama and decided today to abandon plans for a luxurious new $50 million corporate jet from France.

The decision came 24 hours after the banking giant, which was rescued by a $45 billion taxpayer lifeline, defended buying the state-of-the-art Dassault Falcon 7X -- one of nine to be flying in U.S. skies -- as a smart business deal.

ABC News has learned that on Monday officials of the Obama administration called Citigroup about the company's new $50 million corporate jet and told execs to "fix it."

Earlier on Monday, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said made it clear ABC News asked him about the jet that the president disapproved of the deal.

"The president said this during the transition, as it related to the auto companies using private jets: [He] doesn't believe that's the best use of money at this point," Gibbs said.

The company today issued a statement saying, "We have no intent to take delivery of any new aircraft."

Citigroup had argued it was selling two of its four other planes to pay for this one, that the new jet would be more efficient and, besides, it had already signed a contract for the jet. Breaking that deal would cost the bank millions in penalties.

The Citigroup air fleet will now shrink from four jets and a helicopter to two planes.

Citigroup was apparently not deterred from shopping for a new jet despite the outrage that erupted when Detroit's auto barons used private jets to fly into Washington to plead for handouts. The giant carmakers later got rid of their jets after being granted a $17 billion financial lifeline in taxpayer cash.

http://abcnews.go.co...=6740011&page=2

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Nah, he just mentioned to them it was pretty fuging stupid.
They could have still done it.

#9 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

ABC News has learned that on Monday officials of the Obama administration called Citigroup about the company's new $50 million corporate jet and told execs to "fix it."

I know when I heard about this this morning, I thought to myself, "I hope the President doesn't let these guys slide." Good for him and his administration; I'm impressed. Now, they only need to make about 1,000,000 more phone calls with similar messages and we'll be headed in the right direction.

#10 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Obama to Citigroup execs: "Are you really going to buy a $50 Million jet?"

Citigroup execs: "Yes, we are Mr President"

Obama: "I will fuging crush you like the cockroaches that you are. I will destroy you. I will destroy your families. I will cause your lives to be a living hell for the short time that you remain on this planet."

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

"Insert witty republican comment about how the president still sucks because he's a democrat even though he did something good."

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

lol now all the libertarians will bitch that we're violating their rights

http://abcnews.go.co...=6740011&page=2

Not really.

Now if it were, say, google in this situation...

#13 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

Yup, it's OUR money. It's not like their company is doing fine and we didn't help them out, and we just hate people who buy jets.

#14 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

the bottom line is the government should not be handing out free-bee's to these corporations. its their problem if they dont know how to run a business, and therefore should be left out to dry.

#15 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

Holy deleted posts, Batman!!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com