Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Still Want to Defend Clausen?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
328 replies to this topic

#325 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:58 AM

moore won that one b/c carr had thrown an unnecessary int...

that's an absolute crap...there is a BIG difference between a sack and an interception which could be returned for a TD...

yes, in general you have to take chancec which could result in bad outcomes...but fox has stolen some part of his confidence at the beginning of the season when he named clausen to start at QB and pulled him in the same game though clausen wasn't THAT bad...

You could fumble on a sack and have it returned for a TD, no different than an INT returned for a TD

#326 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

If we draft a guy like Newton then I dont think he will see the field in his first year...

Luck could come and start now..

That is likely true if you are trying to make him an NFL passer and want him to learn the defenses and footwork before you play him. If you do like Denver did with The Golden Calf of Bristol and let him do his thing, he could play right away as well. The trick is not do what Atlanta did with Vick though which is to never teach him how to play the offense and develop the ability to read defenses and throw the ball.

#327 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

You could fumble on a sack and have it returned for a TD, no different than an INT returned for a TD

Truth is we have shown that we can fumble the ball without the sack, just fail to catch the snap. LOL

#328 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

If we draft a guy like Newton then I dont think he will see the field in his first year...Luck could come and start now..

agreed, honestly, i think Clausen is a better prospect (next year) than Newton because he knows the NFL and will only improve, Newton comes from a college offense and that college offense doesnt work in the NFL, i rather stick with Clausen than gamble the number one pick on a high risk player like Newton. I think Luck is ready to start and (if we get Harbaugh as the coach) that's more reason to get him.

#329 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

That is likely true if you are trying to make him an NFL passer and want him to learn the defenses and footwork before you play him. If you do like Denver did with The Golden Calf of Bristol and let him do his thing, he could play right away as well. The trick is not do what Atlanta did with Vick though which is to never teach him how to play the offense and develop the ability to read defenses and throw the ball.

agree, BUT the problem is, who is going to come in and start if they draft Newton???? it cant be Newton if you want him to learn which means it's either Pike or a free agent off the street.