Photo
- - - - -

Let's Accept Some Basic Truths

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#106 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

The Bengals under Mike Brown are a miserable, miserable franchise.

Playoffs don't count, or are you leaving those out because they don't fit your assertions?

You assert how miserable the Bungles are, in reality we win one more game during the regular season than they do. I wouldn't even bring up the Panthers last playoff appearance, a humiliating 1st round loss at home to the Cardinals. Before that there was that game in Seattle Panther fans want to forget. 2003 was a good run but a long time ago, as were the bengals 2 Super Bowl appearances.
In the here and now and recent future, this year, last year we actually suck compared to the Bengals.
But the future may be bright if we make some good moves this offseason, we may even have a better year next year than Cincinnati.

#107 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

I don't have a problem saying we are better off than the Bengals or Lions, but I would much rather be saying how much better we are than: the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Eagles etc.

(or at least equal to)

Comparing your team to the bottom feeders in the league and being proud of it isn't really a good thing.

I think the Lions have a lot of Talent and if they can keep Stafford Healthy then they could be a good team in the next few years. They have a great offense that can put up big number and with the addition of SUH their defense seems a few pieces away for being decent. 6 of their 10 losses have been by less that a touchdown. Remember Stafford only has played in 3 games this year so watch out for the Lions next year.

#108 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

I think the Lions have a lot of Talent and if they can keep Stafford Healthy then they could be a good team in the next few years. They have a great offense that can put up big number and with the addition of SUH their defense seems a few pieces away for being decent. 6 of their 10 losses have been by less that a touchdown. Remember Stafford only has played in 3 games this year so watch out for the Lions next year.

I know they are on the rise, this debate seems to be more about recent history or historic accomplishments.

Which is why I defended the Raiders. I have been watching football well before the Panthers came into being, and the Raiders are a historic NFL franchise. I don't like them or anything but they aren't one of the worst teams by a long shot.

The Lions will be competitive for sure.

#109 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

If there were head coaching openings at Detroit, Cin., and Carolina, which one do you think would be the most coveted? There is not even an argument here.

More successful franchise since 95'
Better core players
Better management