#61 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

I just don't think Cam is gonna be as good in the longer term like you say KT.

The guy is a f-ing freak, I am not arguing this. But don't you think it is gonna to be much harder for him to continuing to play his type of game in the pros? I honestly just don't think he can be an effective scrambling QB in the NFL. Yea he is fast in College, but how many times have we seen a "fast college player" not make it in the pros.

He has the arm IMO to become a great pocket QB, the question is is whether he would accept that sort of role.

I personally cannot say much about Luck. I've only seen him play a couple times. But from everything I've read about him and from the stats he puts up. I just don't see how we can pass him up.

I feel just the opposite. With Cam's speed and size he will be a HUGE problem for NFL defenses. The guy is 6'6 260 lbs, much bigger than Luck. He has been clocked at 4.2 speed in the 40. With his mobility and arm strength I think people are correct when they compare him to Big Ben of the Steelers. Cam will be the perfect fit for a team with a strong defense that believes in the run game and the big play in the vertical passing game. (IE: us).

#62 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

I feel just the opposite. With Cam's speed and size he will be a HUGE problem for NFL defenses. The guy is 6'6 260 lbs, much bigger than Luck. He has been clocked at 4.2 speed in the 40. With his mobility and arm strength I think people are correct when they compare him to Big Ben of the Steelers. Cam will be the perfect fit for a team with a strong defense that believes in the run game and the big play in the vertical passing game. (IE: us).

Someone in another thread made a comment about how Luck was to Manning as Newton was to Roethlisberger... I know you prefer Brady to Manning and all, but do you see why some of us think Luck may be slightly above Newton with that kinda comparison? Not saying it holds true in every way, but yeah.

If Fox was still coaching our team you'd be right about Newton seeming to fit better, but with a new coach coming in, who knows how things will change.

#63 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

Today is a special day for Cam Newton and Auburn University. And it wont be marred by mad dog 20/20 drinking idiots who have underachieved at life. Weyco2000 got a lil slavedriver in him. Weyco2000, why do white bigots like yourself always attack the black family? Is it instinctive? I mean you're using Cam Newton's Heisman day to make some moral stand against his dad? :lol: Don't you think thats ignorant? You probably dont even know where your kids are. They probably hate you, which is why you dont understand why Cam dont hate his dad. Fans like yourself are the weakest link to our fanbase and are too fragile to be kept. Your parents should've raised YOU better.

I'm very proud of Cam Newton. He has excelled at the QB position and dominated college football. I'm also very happy to see the lengths people go to discredit him. Its just another testament to his bright future. He's the most intelligent QB coming out. He's definitely the most dynamic and exciting. And I think the Heisman voters will agree tonight overwhelmingly. We will see.

1) Mad Dog 20/20, WTF does cheap wine have to do with the argument, is that a racial diss? Like me saying you are an Old English "40" drinking thug, thats the kinda crap you spew, you make a football forum into a race debate. You should grow up and stop using your race as an excuse to be a bigot yourself, nobody owes you anything.

2) Sure I think Cecil Newton is scum, not because he's black but because he cares more about money than his son, otherwise he wouldn't be involved in violating multiple Federal and state laws. If you think this behavior is acceptable for a parent, then hopefully you don't have kids. Why didn't the "good reverend" attend the ceremony...because he's ashamed to show himself and that's the best decision he has made as a "so-called" dad!

3) My son, well he doesn't dwell on using the fact that he's biracial effect him in a negative manner, because he has been raised NOT to use it as an excuse. Since you brought it up, as a senior he's in the top 5 of 341 students, in the 95% percentile of state scores, scored over 2000 on his SAT's, has been contacted by every school in NC, along with Vanderbilt, John Hopkins, University of Washington SL, Harvard, UVA, Ohio St...just to name a few. He will be taking pre-med at UNC in the fall and I don't expect a dime in return.

4) Don't really know what fan base you're referring to? Panthers? Well I'm not the one crying about racism, you are.

5) Intelligent people don't cheat on exams or steal, that's what honest people call a criminal.

6) As far as Cam's athletic ability, he is the best in the country. But obviously his ethical principals are the question and his actions off the field overshadow anything he has accomplished on the field. My son's role models include Roberto Clemente, Derek Jeter and Jeff Gordon, great athletes who have gave back to the community not disgraced it.

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment"
— Malcolm X

#64 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

Someone in another thread made a comment about how Luck was to Manning as Newton was to Roethlisberger... I know you prefer Brady to Manning and all, but do you see why some of us think Luck may be slightly above Newton with that kinda comparison? Not saying it holds true in every way, but yeah.

Well I think both of us these guys have to prove themselves on the next level. I know some people think its for certain Luck is the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, but I think its far too early to say. He's only a sophomore, and QBs who've left after their sophomore year have not fared very well in the NFL. Michael Vick is like the only one who has a career worth noting. So I think Luck should stay in school another year and dominate college football like Manning did before we crown him as the 2nd coming. There's been alot of QBs with Luck's skillset to come in the league who did not take it over. So its by far no guarantee. The same for Newton. He's gotta go out there on the next level and prove his medal, but right now he looks to be the more dynamic and better player long term. And if we're keeping tally, Roethlisberger has more rings than Peyton, so technically we should want a guy like him over Manning if its solely about championships.

If Fox was still coaching our team you'd be right about Newton seeming to fit better, but with a new coach coming in, who knows how things will change.

Believe it or not, I dont expect the Panthers under any circumstance to draft Cameron Newton or a QB like him. I think Cam goes to the 49ers or the Bengals.

#65 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

You are right they both need to prove it. I think they both can, and hopefully we'll benefit from one of them.

Believe it or not, I dont expect the Panthers under any circumstance to draft Cameron Newton or a QB like him. I think Cam goes to the 49ers or the Bengals.

I hope you're wrong if he's there when we pick and Luck is gone, barring some major change in our current situation.

#66 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

My son, well he doesn't dwell on using the fact that he's biracial effect him in a negative manner, because he has been raised NOT to use it as an excuse.

Like I said, you are a clear bigot. Why would it be an excuse? Only someone like yourself who is ignorant and would view it as a negative would think that. Someone who was proud of their heritage wouldnt view it as an excuse or strike in life. Keep exposing your ignorance to us Weyco2000.

I guarantee Weyco2000 if you held your son to the standard that you hold Cam Newton to, he would someday maybe win the Heisman or create a cure for AIDS. But chances are you dont. Thats the difference between you and Cecil. His kid is on top of the world and is shining right now, even though you're bad mouthing him as a parent. Whats your claim to fame?

Thats good your kid is in school and doing his thing, its also cool how I dont have to bash him or say how he probably cheats on tests at times to make Cam Newton seem greater as a person. He doesnt need me to. But you feel like the only way you can make them guys like Luck and Mallet, etc seem better than they are is to belittle Cam. Poor little insecure guy.

#67 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:13 AM

Ah, the KING thinks thee is of the white race? I think everyone has said Cam Newton is a great athlete, but Luck is a better pro prospect. Do you understand that??? It doesn't matter that he's black.

As far as Cecil is concerned, he will be in jail and I will be at home...thats my claim to fame... hero.

You're right about him going to the Bengals, he should fit right in. Will they have those pictures mounted on cards to hold up so he knows the plays? He did go to JR College for a reason and I can think of 2, how ironic that's the jersey number he wears.

#68 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:32 AM

Ah, the KING thinks thee is of the white race? I think everyone has said Cam Newton is a great athlete, but Luck is a better pro prospect. Do you understand that??? It doesn't matter that he's black.

As far as Cecil is concerned, he will be in jail and I will be at home...thats my claim to fame... hero.

You're right about him going to the Bengals, he should fit right in. Will they have those pictures mounted on cards to hold up so he knows the plays? He did go to JR College for a reason and I can think of 2, how ironic that's the jersey number he wears.

Dude you're so boring and predictable. "Argghh, let me pick on the black QB's intelligence LOLZ." Brilliant! Rehashing them same old post reconstruction stereotypes and tall tales dont make you a tough guy. It just shows how frightened you are. Cameron Newton is more successful and blessed than you'll ever be Weyco. Thats a fact. Cam Newton in a drunken stupor half sleep is smarter than you'll ever be Weyco. Thats a fact. Sam Bradford, a white QB won the Heisman a year ago. And King Taharqa did not take that day or moment as a chance to stand on a soapbox about his dad or call Sam Bradford white trash and a miscreant. I didnt take it personal that he won the Heisman. And Im not gonna ignore that he's having a good rookie season despite winning it. Thats the difference between me and you bigot.

You're displacing your anger towards Cam when you're really mad Luck. You're disappointed Andrew did not sweep awards and did not win the Heisman. So you're taking it out on Cecil and Cameron on "their day". Hate flows strong thru your arteries. Chances are if Luck doesnt deliver, you will throw him away quickly and act like he doesnt exist just like you're doing Clausen.

Posted Image

Edited by King Taharqa, 12 December 2010 - 03:34 AM.

#69 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

Dude... read my Panthers posts, I don't want a QB!!! I want the Panthers to rebuild the O-Line then go looking for a QB. Be my guest check it out please, I really think that Luck stays at Stanford unless the 49ers have 1st pick. I'm just not sold on Luck either as a franchise QB.

As far as Cam, sure he's won some awards but as a parent, I see the pain in his eyes when questioned about his father. I've been to every award ceremony at my son's school and he searches the crowd for me...I just think it's sad that on Cam's most important day his dad had put himself in a position to be a no-show.

#70 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Is it safe to say, being the #1 draft pick dont mean much?

Just like the Heisman and other college based awards don't tell you who is going to do what in the pros. There are even more "busts" that won the Heisman than there are #1 overall picks at QB.

Nobody's hating on this Luck kid.

An example below....and this doesn't include your comparisons to Alex Smith or some other underperforming QB who happens to have white skin color.

Darron Thomas will finally get his props as the best QB in the Pac 10. He's been largely ignored. :cool:

He has been clocked at 4.2 speed in the 40.

I need to see a link for that.

Sam Bradford, a white QB won the Heisman a year ago.

That was two years ago. Bradford had a shoulder injury and was on IR for most of the year. Mark Ingram won last year.

Edited by X-Clown, 12 December 2010 - 09:00 AM.

#71 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of political views, different ethnicity, race, class, religion, sexual orientation or gender.

KT you call people on this board bigot's and the only person that fits the definition above is you.

#72 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,634 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

Seriously KT, can you make one fuging post without bringing race into it....

#73 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

KT you call people on this board bigot's and the only person that fits the definition above is you.

I can accept a person of a different race being my QB. That doesnt bruise my ego. I can tell you a white QB is great, or the best and it doesnt hurt my feelings. Thats what seperates me from a lot of people on this board. And I dont use a person's white skin to stereotype that they are stupid or will have trouble "grasping offenses on the next level". Thats something people do without even thinking about on here all the time. I merely hold a mirror up to some of the things people say, and they become frightened & disturbed how it really looks. Some of our fans just dont have it in them to root for a black QB or see any potential in them over a white one. Thats the reality of the situation, and thats why I draw so much aggression. Dudes need to feel like these white QBs are the best at all times. It goes beyond football.

I think Cam is gonna end up becoming the new "Vick". Meaning he's gonna have a legion of haters determined to prove he isnt worth where he will be drafted for the next 5-6 years. He's gonna have people downplay everything he does and go at his character 24/7 for the next 7. Vick's just now getting past that 10 years later. Without a black QB to demonize and portray as the anti-christ how are we gonna make other QBs stand out? Their play alone doesnt seem to do it. Every single black QB out there has to be seen as flawed or troubled or not smart so we can put others on a pedestal and justify why we never bring one in. And the sad thing is, that logic just hasnt delivered for us. Maybe it will eventually. But to this point, its only made us one of the worst teams in the league.

#74 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Seriously KT, can you make one fuging post without bringing race into it....

I just want you to know, seeing you bash Cam and stand on a high horse about his situation and then turn around and honor Kobe "I rape white women" Bryant everyday in your sig is so ironic.

#75 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,634 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

I just want you to know, seeing you bash Cam and stand on a high horse about his situation and then turn around and honor Kobe "I rape white women" Bryant everyday in your sig is so ironic.

I never said I look up to him as a role model did I. I also don't think I ever bashed Cam...I did nothing but speak the truth. He has character issues, lots of athletes do. White and black.....

Also to the Kobe "raping white women".....once again does it always have to be about the race with you. Secondly I'm pretty sure the case was dropped because she wasn't "raped"....either way I couldn't care less what an athlete does. The only reason I don't want Cam Newton on the Panthers is his translation into the pro game period. Try to spin that as me being a racist all you want, it gets more hilarious with each post. The only reason I care about the Cam Newton situation is because the rules were enforced differently for USC. I've hated the NCAA for awhile this pathetic double standard just adds fuel....

Edited by C42[)14C C47, 12 December 2010 - 12:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.