26 replies to this topic

#1 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

In 06 it started to get put in place. This zone coverage and just rushing mainly 4. Yea we always had a powerful front 4, but we still blitzed from time to time. And we used to play man and bump and run. Gamble and Lucas was all over the field covering opposite teams best WR. 05 was the last year we did that

Now we play 5-10 yards off and just run a zone with everybody staying in the same place

Same thing Tampa being doing for years. Then we hired Meeks who run the same system. That just shows you, like I've said, Mike runs Fox defense. There will be no changes this season

Why??? What made Fox see the best way to go that route

#2 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

initially... to beat Vick... as far as changing to the cushion on the corners... Lord only knows... i just hope he lets meeks do his own thing and stay out of it...

#3 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

This is foxy we're talking about. If Monte was our DC, fox would tinker with the defensive schemes three weeks into the season.

#4 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

My only problem is that Fox doesn't know when to adapt or make changes when necessary. I do have a problem with just rushing 4 most of the time. But if the front 4 is that good, its ok. But we dont have the same front 4 so we gotta blitz. We dont

Far as the coverage, I dont like it all, no matter what. I liked our 05 man to man, bump and run scheme

#5 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

In 06 it started to get put in place. This zone coverage and just rushing mainly 4. Yea we always had a powerful front 4, but we still blitzed from time to time. And we used to play man and bump and run. Gamble and Lucas was all over the field covering opposite teams best WR. 05 was the last year we did that

Now we play 5-10 yards off and just run a zone with everybody staying in the same place

Same thing Tampa being doing for years. Then we hired Meeks who run the same system. That just shows you, like I've said, Mike runs Fox defense. There will be no changes this season

Why??? What made Fox see the best way to go that route

This is the same defense we played since 2002.

#6 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

No its not

#7 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

you're saying we didn't play zone behind a lot of front-four pressure in 2002, 03, 05?

#8 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

you're saying we didn't play zone behind a lot of front-four pressure in 2002, 03, 05?

since 2002, yes we have mainly pressured with our front 4, but we played man coverage.

#9 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

no, we didn't.

#10 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

I mean seriously. We ran man defense with Terry Freaking Cousin? Reggie Howard?

#11 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

Magnus is right, the Panthers played plenty of zone back then. Ask Buckner about it on the radio if you don't believe either of us.

Nobody plays man to man all the time anyway.

#12 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

Does anyone remember Caper's zone blitzing?? :lol: How new it was in 1995?

:leaving:

#13 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

they had to switch it up because the new rules about bumping the wr that came out after our superbowl year.....remember ricky manning would mug people. so they made a rule and now wr can run away from guys so easily that we had to adapt to not give up 60 points a game.

#14 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

We played it, but it wasn't all the way it is now. Gamble first two years here, no. We started playing man to man

#15 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

Does anyone remember Caper's zone blitzing?? :lol: How new it was in 1995?

:leaving:

which, I'm sure, people somehow remember as man defense.

We've always been zone under fox. We were zone under Seifert. We were zone under Capers. Teams just don't play that much man defense, and when they do, it's because they're sending 7 or because they're doubling a guy and don't respect any of the other options. Man just isn't something this league plays that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.