Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Did Fox Move To Tampa Defenses

27 posts in this topic

Posted

In 06 it started to get put in place. This zone coverage and just rushing mainly 4. Yea we always had a powerful front 4, but we still blitzed from time to time. And we used to play man and bump and run. Gamble and Lucas was all over the field covering opposite teams best WR. 05 was the last year we did that

Now we play 5-10 yards off and just run a zone with everybody staying in the same place

Same thing Tampa being doing for years. Then we hired Meeks who run the same system. That just shows you, like I've said, Mike runs Fox defense. There will be no changes this season

Why??? What made Fox see the best way to go that route

Posted

initially... to beat Vick... as far as changing to the cushion on the corners... Lord only knows... i just hope he lets meeks do his own thing and stay out of it...

Posted

This is foxy we're talking about. If Monte was our DC, fox would tinker with the defensive schemes three weeks into the season.

Posted

My only problem is that Fox doesn't know when to adapt or make changes when necessary. I do have a problem with just rushing 4 most of the time. But if the front 4 is that good, its ok. But we dont have the same front 4 so we gotta blitz. We dont

Far as the coverage, I dont like it all, no matter what. I liked our 05 man to man, bump and run scheme

Posted

In 06 it started to get put in place. This zone coverage and just rushing mainly 4. Yea we always had a powerful front 4, but we still blitzed from time to time. And we used to play man and bump and run. Gamble and Lucas was all over the field covering opposite teams best WR. 05 was the last year we did that

Now we play 5-10 yards off and just run a zone with everybody staying in the same place

Same thing Tampa being doing for years. Then we hired Meeks who run the same system. That just shows you, like I've said, Mike runs Fox defense. There will be no changes this season

Why??? What made Fox see the best way to go that route

This is the same defense we played since 2002.

Posted

No its not

Posted

you're saying we didn't play zone behind a lot of front-four pressure in 2002, 03, 05?

Posted

you're saying we didn't play zone behind a lot of front-four pressure in 2002, 03, 05?

since 2002, yes we have mainly pressured with our front 4, but we played man coverage.

Posted

no, we didn't.

Posted

I mean seriously. We ran man defense with Terry Freaking Cousin? Reggie Howard?

Posted

Magnus is right, the Panthers played plenty of zone back then. Ask Buckner about it on the radio if you don't believe either of us.

Nobody plays man to man all the time anyway.

Posted

Does anyone remember Caper's zone blitzing?? :lol: How new it was in 1995?

:leaving: