• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#1 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

This really is a discussion if a CBA is agreed on and if Jerry Richardson will be as frugal as he says he will.

Our needs which are many: OL, QB, DT, DE, Cb, S, pass catching Te, and Wr.

This is if we resigned all of our UFA that we deem worthy of an extension including: Ryan Kalil, Jon Beason, Charles Johnson, Dante Rosario etc.

2011 Free Agents:

OL: Jared Gaither, Matt Light, Jermon Bushrod, Willie Colon, Carl Nicks, Logan Mankins, Tyson Clabo, Daryn Colledge.

QB: Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Troy Smith, Seneca Wallace, Shaun Hill, Tarvaris Jackson, Michael Vick, Billy Volek.

DT: Haloti Ngata, Brandon Mebane, Aubrayo Franklin, Cullen Jenkins, Pat Williams, Barry Cofield, Gabe Watson.

DE: Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Tamba Hali, Shaun Ellis, Victor Adeyanju, Stylez White, Dave Ball.

CB: Champ Bailey, Johnathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers, Antonio Cromartie, Drayton Florence, Ronde Barber, Tye Hill.

S: Antoine Bethea, Quintin Mikell, Dawan Landry, Atari Bigby, Eric Weddle.

Wr: Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith, NYG, Santonio Holmes, Donald Driver, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Breaston,, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones, James Jones, Brian Finneran, Lance Moore.

Te: Kevin Boss, Owen Daniels, Marcedes Lewis, Zach Miller.

Obviously I have left out some upcoming free agents so if u can think of any your prefer feel free to post it.

Edited by Saltman, 14 December 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#2 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

*crickets*

#3 mvp2011

mvp2011

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

a lot of those guys are going to get resigned but could you imagine if we picked up haloti ngata, peyton, vernon davis, and carl nicks? we'd instantly be a nfl powerhouse

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

you'll need to consider those players who would have gone FA last year, but couldn't because of FA rules changing due to the salary cap disappearing. if the CBA gets done, this FA class could be huge. teams with the most cap room wins.

#5 mvp2011

mvp2011

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

Or even those guys and Vick instead of Peyton

#6 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

thats true but there are still tons of free agents that might not be resigned

#7 mvp2011

mvp2011

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

realistically after resignings i think we could get barry cofield, marcedes lewis, aubrayo franklin(who i thought just got a 5 year extension), Vick, and Mankins which would still be huge

#8 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

The sad part is after this season will free agents come to carolina and not ask for over the top signing figures?

#9 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

Logan Mankins should be the first guy we look at. Then if by some miracle Haloti Ngata falls through, do what it takes to bring him in.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

vick will get an extension. peyton will either have a new coach and sign his extension or he'll get tagged. neither one of those guys will hit the market. orton is most likely a lock to stay in denver as well...at least for a year or two, until the new coach decides what he wants to do at QB. none of the rest of those guys are very appealing at all except as a backup/clipboard carrier and really hass is the only one of those i would want around. the rest suck.

#11 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

honestly if we draft luck im ok with signing a shaun hill type.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

OG and DT choices look good.

i'd take one or two of those WRs over smith long term.

#13 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,395 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Alot of this depends on the coach. and of course some of our players that have friends on other teams, etc...

#14 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,395 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

oh yea, and Vernon davis is locked up for the next 5 years, hes currently the NFL's highest paid TE, so you can scratch him off...5 years $37mil $23mil guaranteed.

#15 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

The OL prospects are in my opinion going to be the ones we will most likely want to stay away from. There are some good ones but they will be wanting a serious paycheck and I think it would behoove us to work on this through the draft in the next couple seasons. I wouldn't be upset about an addition here though and improvement on our line is critically important for both the short and long term.

Against popular opinion I have said a few times I think we should at least look into Tarvaris Jackson and what he might bring to the table. Also, Kyle Orton would be a great choice of player especially if we deem Luck (assuming of course we draft him at #1) not quite ready to start the first season. The problem therein of course is that Orton will probably command a decent salary and Luck will as well. Manning would be great but the chance of that happening is just...

Ngata or Mebane would be great additions and I strongly suipport going after one of them.

I also like Hali and Edwards at DE but we may have what we need there between Hardy and Brown with this season and offseason of development. Either of them (Edwards/Hali) would probably be a solid acquisition though and would fulfill a role that we do need.

Champ Bailey is getting up there in years and his salary requirements are probably to high for him to be seriously considered by us but he would likely be a solid pickup depending on the results of the Marshall situation and even the Gamble situation. I've always like Cromartie physically but he is getting up there in age but probably would be a decent replacement for Marshall if he goes. I'd like to add here that Captain is a good CB but doesn't need to be covering #1 receivers so this is definitely a position of need for us.

I'm not all that high on any of the Safety choices and hope we can either draft a good one or that we get some improvement in what we already have.

Almost all of those receiver options would be good additions but this isn't the position where we have tons of need anymore imo. I think between Gettis and LaFell we may have solidified a core that while not the greatest should do well enough overall to make us competitive after fixing the QB and OL. This would be a luxury pickup more than anything.

Marcedes Lewis would be a great TE pick up but we have to ditch King. I think Rosario deserves to be re-signed as he delivers in clutch moments when he is given the ball and a decent situation to receive it. I also think that Barnidge has to much potential being wasted currently and would like to see him get another chance in an offense not run by Jeff Davidson or under John Fox.

Edited by Kral, 13 December 2010 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.